Still grinding them in the hay fields

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

Still grinding them in the hay fields

Postby 870 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:11 pm

Bigwater and I found a field that was holding around 70 - 80 geese and decided to get after them the next day. First light we had a pair come in and we dropped them, after that flocks just stayed out of range while flying by. We couldn't understand it we had the X, decoys, the blinds were hid great, yet nothing seemed to look our way. Bigwater found out what was causing them to shy away, someone hunted it the night before. He found where they had their blinds and truck tracks just outside our farthest decoys. Perfect I thought. I said lets get loud and get after the flight birds that were moving through dot high and it worked. We sat on our calls calling straight up into the air. It took me back to this spring chasing Snows. At the end of the day we ended up with 28. Of the fourteen I took home, eleven were Lessers Oh and I picked up my second band for the year Bigwater wasn't happy the o'l man is two up on him LOL
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
Pro Hunter

Re: Still grinding them in the hay fields

Postby southpaw92 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:26 pm

get at them 870!
Canada Geese 17
Mallards 8
GW Teal 12
Gadwalls 2
Pheasants 7
southpaw92
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:37 am

dammm you doubled your lifetime band take already this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

id love to bang a bunch in the morning and take my time tearing the rig down in daylight as well as cleaning them. you guys must be good callers.... I need dumb geese , because me and my Glenn Scobey are not that great. ha ha ha

id love to get a gun mounted camera.....so far I have got off 5 rounds on a flock, twice so far.......that seems like it would be cool from the gun cam perspective. I think if I could get in a nice cut corm field I might be able to get off all 6 rounds!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

keep up the good work Don... I bet a lot of us cant get out as often as some others

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby 870 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:16 pm

Thanks tool, but trust me, we're not great of callers yet :no: We were holding some Lessers on Mon morning by the afternoon they booked it south :huh: All new game for Sat though. :huh:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
Pro Hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting