im new to goose calling

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

im new to goose calling

Postby DUCKBAKER » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:34 pm

what call or calls should i get, id like to get a call that would call multiple species of geese is this possible. and whats a good company?
DUCKBAKER
hunter

Postby hawkdog » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:34 pm

You won't find a call for different goose species. Pick your species and by a call for it. Don't go cheap. Plan on spending 40-160 dollars depending on what you go with. Foiles Migrators, WingLock, Tim Grounds, Sean Mann, and Fred Zink are some good brands that you should be able to find pretty easy.
hawkdog
hunter

Postby plainsman » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:01 pm

I only use 2 goose calls, a Winglock delrin and a Heartlands Pip-squeek. I feel confident that with these two calls I've pretty much got all the bases covered :cool:
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby plainsman » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:01 pm

Oooopps.....double post :withstupid:
plainsman
hunter

Postby DUCKBAKER » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:40 pm

whats the difference between derlin and acrylic? usualy derlin is cheaper id like to buy the derlin but is acrylic and wood better sounding
DUCKBAKER
hunter

Postby plainsman » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:22 pm

Delrin has a mellower sound that acrylic.Wood is even more mellow. I only use delrin for my calls....tough as nails, tone doesn't change due to weather[wood does] and a nicer tone than acrylic, IMO. Delrin isn't quit as loud as acrylic, but if you go to higher pitched call [pip- sqeek] it increases volume and the distance your call will carry.
plainsman
hunter

Postby duckbuster » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:32 pm

I have a foils meatgrinder and i love it and its only $60, very easy to blow. I also have a Big River Goose Flute that i love and will never give up. If ur looking for a snow goose call then if you could i would go with the old small Lohman snow goose/blue flute the new one sounds more like a speckle call.
duckbuster
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:15 pm

If ur looking for a snow goose call then if you could i would go with the old small Lohman snow goose/blue flute the new one sounds more like a speckle call.

:thumbsdown: I wouldn't get it I would find something else. I have the same call, i think it was the biggest waste of money.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby HonkShooter » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:28 pm

Well this is something I noticed while I was hunting the other day. It's nice to have both a flute and a SR. When you are all set and waiting for the birds the SR is all good but when you're getting stuff set up and not ready for geese yet, the flute is nice because you can just throw it in your mouth and still have your hands free to be doing other things. Just a little thing I noticed.
No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often.
-Teddy Roosevelt
HonkShooter
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:45 pm

no need to spend so much money, canada hammer works fine for me.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby bloodjunkie » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:10 pm

HAY I GOT CALL FOR YOU 1 BIG GUY BEST THEY HAVE A CALL CALLED THE FAT BOY ITS A GREAT CALL I LOVE IT THE A LITTLE SPENDY LIKE $140.00 FROM CABELAS AND THE ONE OTHER COMPANY I HERD ALOT OF GOOD THINGS ABOUT BASIN ABOMINATION GO TO THERE SITE www.basinabominationgoosecalls.com THEY HAVE SOUND CLIPS TAKE A LOOK AT THE ICEMAN

XXXBLOODJUNKIEXXX[/url]
bloodjunkie
hunter

Postby Robberwood » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:39 am

I bought a basin abomination iceman and think its the greatest call!!!! I love it! Its really easy to blow and dave is a very nice and helpful guy. would not buy any other goose calls but from him! Spec calls, cackler calls they make it all and very good quality! take a look
"Dont land over there!"
So what time are they suppose to show up?
Robberwood
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum