09/20/13 Hunting in the RAIN!

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Re: 09/20/13 Hunting in the RAIN!

Postby petrotk40 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:41 pm

DW, I found it, would you mind if I posted a link?
petrotk40
hunter

Postby Duck Whisperer » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:35 pm

petrotk40 wrote:DW, I found it, would you mind if I posted a link?

Why would I mind? It'not the GPS coordinates to my spot. I'm sure they'd appreciate the business. :thumbsup:
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody
I just do it.......Duckin' Crazy!

They say there is "a fine line between genious and insanity". That's the line I live on.
DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Postby petrotk40 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:34 am

I wasn't sure if you wanted to advertise your find to the web scouting masses :biggrin:

http://www.actionsportscompany.com/

12215 E Skelly Dr, Tulsa, OK ‎
petrotk40
hunter

Postby Duck Whisperer » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:55 pm

Nah, most of the web scouting masseds are too lazy to attempt to hide when hunting, yet alone build something to help them hide.
Last edited by Duck Whisperer on Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody

They say there is "a fine line between genious and insanity". That's the line I live on.
DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Postby Skye Bustin' » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:01 pm

Duck Whisperer wrote:
Skye Bustin' wrote:Where did you get your rope fencing and how did you attach it to the boat and netting?

FYI, if you are ever in Tulsa, there is a company that deals in netting for sports related activities (goaly nets, golf course backdrop netting, batting cages, etc). They have small to HUGE pieces of netting with a lot of misfits, rejects, pieces left over after customizing, etc. Can't remember the name of the place or location, but it is on the access road paralleling 44 about 129th or 145th? A little internet surfung should find it. Anyway, they are not set up for sales to the public, but they let me come over and an employee walked me around the warehouse showing me options for what I wanted (something very similar to what Rob did). Fair prices too. I came from a commercial fishing family and I know what netting costs; it can get pretty pricey for even a small piece, so this option is pretty decent.

Thank you DW. Did you just ask if they would sell any leftovers?
Skye Bustin'
hunter

Postby Duck Whisperer » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:16 am

Skye Bustin' wrote:
Duck Whisperer wrote:
Skye Bustin' wrote:Where did you get your rope fencing and how did you attach it to the boat and netting?

FYI, if you are ever in Tulsa, there is a company that deals in netting for sports related activities (goaly nets, golf course backdrop netting, batting cages, etc). They have small to HUGE pieces of netting with a lot of misfits, rejects, pieces left over after customizing, etc. Can't remember the name of the place or location, but it is on the access road paralleling 44 about 129th or 145th? A little internet surfung should find it. Anyway, they are not set up for sales to the public, but they let me come over and an employee walked me around the warehouse showing me options for what I wanted (something very similar to what Rob did). Fair prices too. I came from a commercial fishing family and I know what netting costs; it can get pretty pricey for even a small piece, so this option is pretty decent.

Thank you DW. Did you just ask if they would sell any leftovers?

I just called them up after finding them online and told them what I was looking for, and what I was planning on doing with it. They then told me about all the various "stuff" they had and to come on over and look around. Again, it's not really a "to the public" type place but rather a warehouse/company with a few people working there. I think they were happy to have somebody new to talk to during work :lol3: Very Nice group of people. Warehouse is in semi-disarray. Stull (netting) EVERYWHERE of all types and sizes.
Pro Staff to nothin'
Sponsored by nobody

DW
Duck Whisperer
hunter

Previous

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting