waterfowl hunting digest???

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Re: waterfowl hunting digest???

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:59 am

Compared to AGFC, IDNR is pathetic and struggling.
IDNR's budget is much larger yet...
Get an AGFC watergowl digest and compare. Wow!!!!!
Why does this surprise me?
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby luie b » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:21 am

supr87gt wrote:
luie b wrote: Him and his family own ground and lease a bunch of land for raising cattle

...he can afford to buy the stamps...

aunt betty wrote:Are there any new rules we should know about? Will it be in print before duck season?
Here is the name of the man in charge. Marc Miller.
Gettem boyz!

This is funny. You want to jump this guy and it's because you couldn't figure out your phone!

Just because somebody has money doesn't mean they want to go and throw it around and buy things you don't even know you'll use or need. So don't be bashing my buddy and I, we're both in college so no we don't have money to just throw around, and in his case to buy stamps not knowing if you're going to hunt or not. Some of you people around here need to not rush to judgement so quick.
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 16
Green-winged teal - 4
Wood Ducks - 1
luie b
hunter

Postby QuackSmacker935 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:21 am

KillerKowalski wrote:
luie b wrote:One who actually owns a decoy spread, blinds, gear, etc. and hunts regularly throughout the season. My friend and I do a lot of deer and turkey hunting together and he's been wanting to kill a duck or two with me to see what the waterfowl thing's all about. I doubt he'll fall in love with it, he's more of a trophy hunter and waterfowl and upland hunting is far from "trophy hunting."

I disagree. Who cares about was equipment you have or how much your shotgun costs. A real waterfowl hunter is if you are able to crap in the woods/crick and not use TP, watch the steam off your urine and not try to melt any snow that is within the spread, chew or drink coffee for hours on end until limit or sunset, listen to the wife bitch that you hunted to many days and give an excuse every time of why you have to go tomorrow, sleep deprive yourself for sixty days and complain that there aren't enough ducks in the area. :hammer:

Well said. The download is 2013-14 if its the same name override it, it happens. Accomplished all on my phone. Oh and if you want the hard copy looks like you have to order it.
Attachments
Screenshot_2013-09-23-12-16-30.png
Oh crap! Whats that...
QuackSmacker935
hunter

Postby riverrat47 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:26 am

If I remember correctly from my days of living/working in Arkansas, the Arkansas Game & Fish was only game, fish and law enforcement...their parks and forestry were different agencies. If you removed the budget for state parks/lands, forestry, state waterways division, mines & minerals, which are all included in the IDNR budget, you would get a drastically lower dollar amount.

You picked the appropriate screen name...you are as whiny as an old maid aunt.
Semper Fi, Marines

Casey 1997-2011 RIP
riverrat47
hunter

Postby luie b » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:47 pm

riverrat47 wrote:If I remember correctly from my days of living/working in Arkansas, the Arkansas Game & Fish was only game, fish and law enforcement...their parks and forestry were different agencies. If you removed the budget for state parks/lands, forestry, state waterways division, mines & minerals, which are all included in the IDNR budget, you would get a drastically lower dollar amount.

A summary of AB. "I live in Illinois but I'm too good to hunt there, so I hunt Arkansas. But now I just may lower myself to you heathens' standards and hunt this terrible state but at the same time just bash on it like there's no tomorrow..." And who claims to be an Illinois hunter but refuses to go deer hunting? Deer hunting in Illinois is so great I always assumed if you hunt in Illinois is automatically made you a deer hunter.
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 16
Green-winged teal - 4
Wood Ducks - 1
luie b
hunter

Postby Weedwacker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:27 pm

luie b wrote:
Weedwacker wrote:
luie b wrote:I read something in it I'd never seen that says if you own land for agricultural use or lease land for agricultural use that you can hunt waterfowl without stamps and just a hunting license and HIP cert. Has this always been a thing? If so I feel bad because I've been telling one of my friends that wants to start duck hunting that he'd need to buy his stamps and doesn't want to buy the stamps because he doesn't know if he'd like it. Him and his family own ground and lease a bunch of land for raising cattle that has a lot of good duck and goose spots on it.

If the $15.00 federal duck stamp and cost of a license is keeping him from trying it out, how is he going to afford all the other items needed :huh:

You have to buy the state one too so its more like 30 bucks. He just wanted to go with me over my decoys and calling just to try it out. He would never become a real waterfowler, he's more of a deer and turkey kind of guy.

So, the value of the original post is really nothing :huh: He has money, land, watches how he spends it, wants to hunt deer and turkey and going to school and doesn't want to show off.
Have a good and safe season.
It's not just a duck boat, it is a tatical platform for opportunity- weedwacker 101

Preserve game and hunt with a trained dog- NAVHDA

"In looking back thru his posts over there he kind of thinks of himself as the zen of all things fowl."
Weedwacker
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:35 pm

luie b wrote:
riverrat47 wrote:If I remember correctly from my days of living/working in Arkansas, the Arkansas Game & Fish was only game, fish and law enforcement...their parks and forestry were different agencies. If you removed the budget for state parks/lands, forestry, state waterways division, mines & minerals, which are all included in the IDNR budget, you would get a drastically lower dollar amount.

A summary of AB. "I live in Illinois but I'm too good to hunt there, so I hunt Arkansas. But now I just may lower myself to you heathens' standards and hunt this terrible state but at the same time just bash on it like there's no tomorrow..." And who claims to be an Illinois hunter but refuses to go deer hunting? Deer hunting in Illinois is so great I always assumed if you hunt in Illinois is automatically made you a deer hunter.

Now now. Didn't you just get mad at me for rushing to judge you and your buddy so quick?
supr87gt
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:59 pm

This thread needs to be locked or we all should hug it out.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby riverrat47 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:07 pm

I have to defend luie. In the almost 3 years AB has been on this site, I can't remember one positive post. Most of the time he is complaining about something or someone. I think luie hit the nail on the head.

Lock the thread? Hey, I haven't even gotten a PM threatening bodily harm, yet. :lol3:
Semper Fi, Marines

Casey 1997-2011 RIP
riverrat47
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:25 pm

riverrat47 wrote:I have to defend luie. In the almost 3 years AB has been on this site, I can't remember one positive post. Most of the time he is complaining about something or someone. I think luie hit the nail on the head.

Lock the thread? Hey, I haven't even gotten a PM threatening bodily harm, yet. :lol3:

You funny. It's true. I complain about our lovely@ state too much.
No hurt feelings. Better check your pm's. :lol3:
aunt betty

Postby riverrat47 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:05 pm

Take your best shot, AB/ :lol3:
Semper Fi, Marines

Casey 1997-2011 RIP
riverrat47
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:14 am

luie b wrote:

I claim to be an IL hunter, and have never hunted deer. I would consider myself to be a duck hunter the way that KK defined one. The stamps that you and your friend get no use out of go to funding the activities that you seem to enjoy. Not sure how your think that you get nothing out of them.

Pretty broad brush you have there Luie...care to make any more gross exaggerations?
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby Blackcloud870 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:06 am

I don't know about the rest of you guys but, I'm just glad to see the IL forum has some activity outside of, "New Here, Can I Hunt Your Spots?" :lol:
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:53 am

riverrat47 wrote:One of the problems with getting hunting and waterfowl regulation booklets printed in a timely manner is that the Illinois legislature doesn't adjourn until 30 June. DOC/DNR always had to wait till the session ended to see if there were any legislative changes to the hunting regulations. The flyway council, which sets the federal waterfowl regs, meets later. Even in the good old days, the hunting booklets were rarely out before mid or late August and the waterfowl booklets were later still.
In the past 10 years-under blagojevich, Central Management Services (CMS), the powerhouse agency in Illinois state government-the 800 lb. gorilla in the room, took control of ALL vehicles, computers, leasing and contract letting from ALL agencies, which includes printing contracts for the regs booklets. CMS lets the printing contracts WHEN and if they feel like it. They aren't the agency that as to listen to PO'ed public. In fact, they have often suggested that there is no need for printed regs booklets, as online is good enough. That may be OK for guys with smart phones, but not for this old dinosaur. My bet is that like deer/turkey permits and watercraft registrations, reg. booklets will online ONLY within the next 5 years.

While it is a wonderful story...it stinks and there is no excuse for being so slow. I am held to higher standards as a hunter...forcefully if necessary.

June 30...
They had July and August...
That is 62 days.
I can build a house in 62 days.
aunt betty

Postby supr87gt » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:26 am

aunt betty wrote:June 30...
That is 62 days.

Can you build a house in 62 days and still spend the same amount of time on the internet that you do?
supr87gt
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:01 am

supr87gt wrote:
That is 62 days.

Can you build a house in 62 days and still spend the same amount of time on the internet that you do?

Depends on the square feet. Can build a one square footer in about 40 minutes.
Bird house is a house.
Dog house is a house.
You were thinking 5500 sq. ft. with a four car garage, theater in basement and a pool...right?
So big it has two 200-amp services. Is that what you thought?
aunt betty

Postby supr87gt » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:09 am

aunt betty wrote:
supr87gt wrote:
That is 62 days.

Depends on the square feet. Can build a one square footer in about 40 minutes.
Bird house is a house.
Dog house is a house.
You were thinking 5500 sq. ft. with a four car garage, theater in basement and a pool...right?
So big it has two 200-amp services. Is that what you thought?

Ill just hide the blueprints in the waterfowl hunting digest. You'll never find them. :lol3:
supr87gt
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:36 am

Blackcloud870 wrote:I don't know about the rest of you guys but, I'm just glad to see the IL forum has some activity outside of, "New Here, Can I Hunt Your Spots?" :lol:

I was thinking of starting one trying to get out!

And, along the lines of the newbie threads, I usually contact them. The last one I asked questions trying to get to know more about him and his hunting. He took offense to it. He sent me two more PMs which I never replied to. Ask for favors and then sh*t on the hand that is willing.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby supr87gt » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:48 am

KillerKowalski wrote:And, along the lines of the newbie threads, I usually contact them. The last one I asked questions trying to get to know more about him and his hunting. He took offense to it. He sent me two more PMs which I never replied to. Ask for favors and then sh*t on the hand that is willing.

He was entitled to go hunting with you. Didn't you know that?
supr87gt
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:51 am

Well, I really felt we made a connection. He just wasn't my type.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby rism » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:18 am

Killer - I'm w/u on the newbies. I usually pm them to try and find out more info. A lot can be learned reading between the lines !

On the IDNR: Worst mistake this State ever made (one of them anyway) was combining all the departments into the IDNR. There is no one person on this earth that can know all they need to know about every department. Hopefully they hire responsible, knowledgeable people to head each dept. Too much politics in play so idiots w/ only desk jockey jobs get to run things !! I have been preaching for years on a way to change it but can't even get legislators to think about it. Needs to be an elected position but not a statewide election so Chicago can't run it also. Anybody want further info and how to start PM me. !!!
rism
hunter

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:09 am

Blackcloud870 wrote:I don't know about the rest of you guys but, I'm just glad to see the IL forum has some activity outside of, "New Here, Can I Hunt Your Spots?" :lol:

I was hoping to be like North Carolina in a few years...if we keep discussing other topics, it will never happen.
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
Feelin' Fowl
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:17 pm

Busted! It was an AB is new to smartphone problem kinda.
However the man I emailed said its not just me who had problems.
He said he would contact the IT guy and get it fixed next year.
It is a smartphone issue.
Thanks for the interest. :thumbsup:
aunt betty

Postby Blackfeet Retrievers » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:46 am

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner :lol: :thumbsup:
Blackfeet Retrievers
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:05 pm

So how many greebs can I kill? :lol3:
aunt betty

PreviousNext

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting