waterfowl hunting digest???

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Re: waterfowl hunting digest???

Postby Cujo1 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:06 pm

aunt betty wrote:So how many greebs can I kill? :lol3:

Betty, you can shoot all of the greebs you want to, but Grebes are protected :thumbsup:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Cujo1 wrote:

Betty, you can shoot all of the greebs you want to, but Grebes are protected :thumbsup:

You got trolled. I know how to speel grebe. :grooving:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:32 pm

aunt betty wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:

just prove it! :tongue:
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:08 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
aunt betty wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:

just prove it! :tongue:

According to the law of 50/50....
Have to evoke the law of 50/50 every time I get a little bit cornered.
50/50
aunt betty
hunter

Postby Blackfeet Retrievers » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm sure there is a Grebe Pro-Staff you can join :wink:
Blackfeet Retrievers
hunter

Postby riverrat47 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:56 pm

Once again Auntie, you are wrong, they did not have since 30 June to print the waterfowl regs. The feds set the waterfowl seasons AFTER the Flyway Council meeting, which is held in August, after the summer breeding surveys. Usually, earlier in the summer, the IDNR will release what they are RECOMMENDING for seasons and bag limits. These are usually accepted by the USFWS, but not always...especially if there are surprises in the summer surveys. Obviously, the waterfowl regs. booklet could not be printed until AFTER the Mississippi Flyway Council meeting, which is usually held about 10-15 August.
I live on the Iowa border and, as of last Thursday, the Iowa waterfowl booklets were NOT displayed at sporting goods stores either.

I believe the pro staff group is called GreebsRus.
Semper Fi, Marines

Casey 1997-2011 RIP
riverrat47
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:25 pm

riverrat47 wrote:Once again Auntie, you are wrong, they did not have since 30 June to print the waterfowl regs. The feds set the waterfowl seasons AFTER the Flyway Council meeting, which is held in August, after the summer breeding surveys. Usually, earlier in the summer, the IDNR will release what they are RECOMMENDING for seasons and bag limits. These are usually accepted by the USFWS, but not always...especially if there are surprises in the summer surveys. Obviously, the waterfowl regs. booklet could not be printed until AFTER the Mississippi Flyway Council meeting, which is usually held about 10-15 August.
I live on the Iowa border and, as of last Thursday, the Iowa waterfowl booklets were NOT displayed at sporting goods stores either.

I believe the pro staff group is called GreebsRus.
I haven't watched the news in months. Tonight I did. I can clearly understand why we're having problems now. The state legislature has had two months pay...not get paid.
I don't know about you guys but if I go to work for a week or two and then DON'T get paid on payday...getting me back on Monday is NOT happening.
aunt betty
hunter

Previous

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting