Guided Hunts

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Guided Hunts

Postby kweiskopf » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Hello, I was wondering if I could get outfitter references from anyone. Up until this year I have belonged to a club in rock hall which was pretty expensive. this year I'm trying to book 4 guided hunts in addition to whatever we win in our lottery applications. this would be for two adults and one child hunter. We were trying to hunt the following in Maryland. Early teal, puddle ducks over water, ducks and geese body booting, and a late season diver hunt. Any references would be greatly appreciated. we are looking for an easygoing outift for each hunt and would like to try different outfitters. thank you in advance
K. Weiskopf
kweiskopf
Newb

Re: Guided Hunts

Postby Montauker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:52 am

Chesapeake Guide Service for geese and divers.

Puddlers and geese - Quaker Neck

Tidewater Guide Service for geese around Easton

Teal- probably not going to find much if any references for one because teal are difficult to pattern on a commercial level.

A cost issue that you will likely run into is that most outfitters have a four person min. or I should say, the base price is for four people. That said I've had this debate with friends and I think booking 4-5 hunts with a guide rather than dropping $1500 on a club is a really good option for a lot of people.

While you may want to try several outfitters, building a relationship with one or two guides can have it's advantages.

Good luck.
Montauker
hunter

Re: Guided Hunts

Postby cbrtrvr » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Try Steen outfitters
cbrtrvr
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting