Duck Hunting Forum banner

Second Youth Staurday

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  morocco 
#1 ·
Well if anyone was at the swamps today you probably now how bad the mosquitoes were! I have never had them so bad while hunting! And the rain wasn't real fun either, only made it until the skies really opened up at around 8:00 or 8:30. But the before that the ducks were really moving! The boys got three before we hung it up though!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I took out my long time buddies son and his best friend. I knew that one boy had only ever fired one shot which came the night before. The other boy had never fired a shotgun. I had a good bit of dirt between them and insisted they shoot ducks in the decoys. Wingshooting wouldn't be quite ethical or teaching them the right thing. We had mallards, geese and woodies all work, I called them in like they were dumb september birds, but at 10 feet above the water, everything flared. I had them too exposed, but it was a tough situation. Shooting at birds with little expectation of realistically getting them is skybusting. Even at 20 yards, it would have been just that. I offered to teach them how to shoot on a trap range and both of them seemed very eager. They wanted to do what their father's and I would have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.