Respect

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Re: Respect

Postby waterdogds » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:20 am

quackhunter99 wrote:. I had my opening morning last weekend and was in a suit doing rush crap all Saturday.
Attachments
animal-house-033.jpg
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby FreedomHunter » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:42 pm

This is just crazy. I really don't get why people act this way. This am I wanted to move to a new location and when I was getting close to a spot I knew about I realized people were hunting. I barely could make out the boat all I saw was the white trim of the guys hat. I felt like an ass just for getting that close while he was hunting, about 200 yards plus. No words, no exchanges, or attitude, all I did was turned my boat around and made my way out of his area as quick but as quite as possible. Yet I still felt like I got in his way. Sorry bud, if you read this lol.
FreedomHunter
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:00 pm

FreedomHunter wrote:This is just crazy. I really don't get why people act this way. This am I wanted to move to a new location and when I was getting close to a spot I knew about I realized people were hunting. I barely could make out the boat all I saw was the white trim of the guys hat. I felt like an ass just for getting that close while he was hunting, about 200 yards plus. No words, no exchanges, or attitude, all I did was turned my boat around and made my way out of his area as quick but as quite as possible. Yet I still felt like I got in his way. Sorry bud, if you read this lol.

This is most of us here. You get beat, you move on. I won't get beat twice. He earned it today, ill get it tomorrow. Let him hunt peacefully , just as you would hope he would do for you
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:13 pm

you never know who your yelling @ in the dark! bet he wont do it again, haha. I have to admit it sure was satisfying after he had an attitude change :yes:
You pay for you!

Postby Lake O Hunter » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:23 pm

tmclaimerFL wrote:
FSUhunting wrote:So as a fellow young duck hunter who is new to the public lakes of Tallahassee what is the general code of ethics? Growing up I never really hunted public lakes and when I did other hunters were never an issue, obviously duck hunting in Tallahassee is a lot different. I went out yesterday to a small lake where I was the only person hunting just to avoid any confrontations but didn't see any ducks and haven't seen much this year went I was scouting out there either. I was thinking about moving out to one of the big lakes but just didn't want to be "that guy"^^^^. I'd like to think that I am pretty reasonable obviously I would not set up on anyone intentionally but I just wanted to see how you guys felt about how close to too close and what else I should know/do as far as respecting my fellow hunters while out there and still giving myself a fair chance.
any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance :beer:

My unwritten rule is a minimum of 200yds when setting up. The more the better. Don't try and hail call to birds working someone else's spread and don't sky blast at birds knowing you wont hit them. Also, be quiet and timely. Nobody likes to hear you yell and scream at 5 in the morning when birds begin rustling.

My advice would be dont tell anyone you are from Tallahassee at PCS!
Lake O Hunter
hunter

Postby c f wingshooter » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:53 am

An armed society (duck hunter) will be a polite society (duck hunter), but a drunk will be a drunk no matter what.
c f wingshooter
hunter

Postby vince0311 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:36 am

clearly the issue is this punk had so much swag it broke his yolo. i would have told him get gone before i dub stepped in his A**. yeah its blowing my mind the youth these days and im a youth! im only 25 but have more life experience than most kids these days i did my 4 and im working through college on the gi bill with a family. it appears to be my younger brothers generation he is only 5 years behind me but they have gone full blown retard. fortunatley for my brother has me to keep him from sliding to far into societal oblivion. but come on, black friday rules apply doesnt matter if you saw the spot first two weeks ago if someone has been camping out sleeping in their boat for 12 hours waiting on shooting light you loose move on. next time party less and work more maybe you'd have got there earlier if you weren't busy doing 12oz curls... priorities these days.
Last edited by vince0311 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vince0311
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:40 am

vince0311 wrote:clearly the issue is this punk had so much swag it broke his yolo. i would have told him get gone before i dub stepped in his A**. yeah its blowing my mind the youth these days and im a youth! im only 25 but have more life experience than most kids these days i did my 4 and im working through college on the gi bill with a family. it appears to be my younger brothers generation he is only 5 years behind me but they have gone full blown retard fortunatley for my brother has me to keep him from sliding to far into societal oblivion but come on black friday rules apply doesnt matter if you saw the spot first two weeks ago if someone has been camping out sleeping in their boat for 12 hours waiting on shooting light you loose move on and next time party less and work more maybe you'd have got there earlier if you weren't busy doing 12oz curls... priorities these days.

lol :welcome:
You pay for you!

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:00 pm

I'm out of breath reading them run on sentences.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:07 pm

"Nobody goes full retard. Look at forrest Gump. slow? Yes. Retarded? Maybe. But he was a ping pong champ. That ain't retarded. You went full retard"
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby vince0311 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:11 pm

full retard was a pop culture reference to a line of memes circulating based off the movie tropic thunder. also sorry for the run on sentences just slammed a monster. http://i.qkme.me/3oy5b6.jpg
vince0311
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:15 pm

vince0311 wrote:full retard was a pop culture reference to a line of memes circulating based off the movie tropic thunder. also sorry for the run on sentences just slammed a monster. http://i.qkme.me/3oy5b6.jpg

ha...he quoted tropic thunder guy...gotta lay off those monsters
You pay for you!

Postby whaknstak » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:02 pm

vince0311 wrote:full retard was a pop culture reference to a line of memes circulating based off the movie tropic thunder. also sorry for the run on sentences just slammed a monster. http://i.qkme.me/3oy5b6.jpg

I cant tell if your being serious or not. Did you not see the movie? My post was a direct quote from Downey Jr playing the black man pictured in the photo above from tropics thunder.

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby SouthernWingsAssaultTeam » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:33 pm

What they don't seem to realize is how much of a fool that makes them look. When a hunter comes and sets up 100yards next to another hunter that comes off as ima hunt here and I don't know what I'm doing. The bad thing is the people that do this and begin yelling and causing fuss actually believe they are in the right. I just wish the people that needed to see this thread could, I also wish our fellow hunters would hold themselves in a more honorable manner. If you get to your spot your beat... Move on find another location.
Rodney Hill
Echo championship calls prostaff
Avian X Fieldstaff
SouthernWingsAssaultTeam
hunter

Postby vince0311 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:42 pm

[/quote] I cant tell if your being serious or not. Did you not see the movie? My post was a direct quote from Downey Jr playing the black man pictured in the photo above from tropics thunder.[/quote]

sorry you sir are correct, you have a sharper wit than I...lol! until you pointed out that you too were referencing the movie i hadn't noticed i just thought you where taking offense because you didnt understand the reference so i tried to explain and posted a link. jokes on me now i guess, can you tell its been awhile since ive seen that movie. anyways sorry for the confusion.
vince0311
hunter

Previous

Return to Florida Duck Hunting