swimming decoy machine

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

swimming decoy machine

Postby cangoos » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:31 am

well got my first duxtrac decoy animation machine the other day,after seeing how well built it is and how easy to use and natural looking it is i ordered another one,,,gonna put the smack on the greenheads. :thumbsup:
cangoos
hunter

Re: swimming decoy machine

Postby bagabunch » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:53 am

Guys I have the privalige to hunt with the guy that invented this machine. I'm gonna tell ya this thing is amazing!! We hunt about 200 yards from a bunch of other blinds and I'm convinced that the days we've had our Duxtrac working we've pulled ducks away from them because of the motion and swimming action it produces! I'm convinced and I'm sure if you purchase one you will be too!!
bagabunch
Newb

Postby IdahoSkies » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:48 pm

I have had problems with birds flaring when working a jerk string. Any idea about how visible the submerged portion is, and any problems flaring birds because of it?
IdahoSkies
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Wonder when they will come up with a GPS controlled decoy?. Like the trolling motors with GPS function...............
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby bagabunch » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:25 am

One of the nice things about this set up is that it sits on the bottom and will also help muddy up the water when it's clear. Becuase of that it doesn't flair them because all they see are the swimming decoys. It will work in different deoths too because all you have to do is lenghten the decoy string. It works great!
bagabunch
Newb

Postby PetriDuck » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:59 pm

dakotashooter2 wrote:Wonder when they will come up with a GPS controlled decoy?. Like the trolling motors with GPS function...............

They actually do, forgot the name of the company. You put out your "satellite" pole that is your HQ, then the ducks go and move randomly from that pole... :hammer: :hammer:

As fas as jerk sting, i thought about putting mushroom weighs on the line as well, maybe the jerking of the decoys will drag the mushroom weight creating a muddy water feel with the water motion... i hunt shallow water mostly, so i know it is doable :grooving:
PetriDuck
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:32 pm

So have you tried it on birds yet?
txhunter90
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum