I am going to be missing some of my season here in the Northwest for a business trip to Detroit (actually a town north called Troy). SO... I am thinking about how I can make the best of it and thought I should try hunting in Michigan.
I have Nov 13th and 14th available to go on a trip. I want to get out and experience something different, and would LOVE it if you guys could point me in the right direction.
A few questions for you:
1. Is mid November a reasonable time to hunt ducks in MI? Am I wasting me time?
2. Rumor is Saginaw Bay would be a good location, not far from Troy. Is that accurate? Any other general locations I should look into within and hour or two of Detroit?
3. Can you guys recommend a guide service? <--- This is VITAL
4. I am reading that layout boats and big water hunting is something I have to try, is it?
5. What types of ducks will I be shooting?
6. Is there another activity I should prioritize over duck hunting at this time? eg fishing/goose hunt/etc.
Thanks for your help. Looking forward to experiencing Michigan!