OK carry permit course

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

Re: OK carry permit course

Postby Griffdom » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:03 pm

shoveler_shooter wrote:Just read the entire OK SDA. I don't see anything regarding deadly force other than the "physical or deadly force against intruder".
No idea where our instructors were getting the family/employee thing from, cuz it's not in there.
okbucksnducks, who was your instructor?

I was taught the same thing regarding employees in my class.
Griffdom
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Griffdom wrote:
shoveler_shooter wrote:Just read the entire OK SDA. I don't see anything regarding deadly force other than the "physical or deadly force against intruder".
No idea where our instructors were getting the family/employee thing from, cuz it's not in there.
okbucksnducks, who was your instructor?

I was taught the same thing regarding employees in my class.

Any idea where they were getting that from? Definitely not in the OK SDA.
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby BoomStick79 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:39 am

BoomStick79
hunter

Postby Skye Bustin' » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:17 pm

sooner737 wrote:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzh9koy7b1E

here you go boys

Forget about it!

shoveler_shooter wrote:
okbucksnducks wrote:My wife and I sent off our paperwork off a month and a half ago. Just waiting.

That equal force thing could make things iffy.

The thing I don't like is that there is no third party clause here, meaning you're only allowed to use deadly force to defend yourself, your spouse, a parent, a child, an employer, or an employee.

I agree. The OK self defense act seems to have very limited power. I think the reason...or A reason, they did that was to prevent someone from unknowingly shooting an undercover LEO. Permit holder sees someone being held at gunpoint, doesn't know the whole story to behind what's going on, bang. Woops.
My instructor did say that if there is a robbery in progress, gun pointed at employee, you could shoot them, but you're supposed to call 911 first.
Gonna have to read the entire self defense act again, to make sure I fully understand everything.

Seriously not trying to continue this "my instructor told me this, that and the other..." conversations, BUT it was MY understanding (mind you 5 years ago when it was Concealed Carry, not SDA) that you have the right to defend YOURSELF if you feel your life is in danger. NOT someone else. Hence the "Vigilante" rule. That is there to help prevent drawing your firearm on said undercover LEOs or the like. It is the job of the police to protect the public, not you.

I'm no lawyer, but I've seen that the law is interpretive. I know what a hostile intention and a hostile act are. Two VERY different things. One is just words or gestures while the other is life and death. I personally am not drawing my pistol on someone who wants to start a verbal altercation with me. BUT I am afraid to pull that bad mother out if they come at me with wanting to get physical. Hostile Intention and Hostile Act.

But seriously, if you are carrying and you feel the need to draw your pistol, do so with the intent of using it. Not to intimidate.

Disclaimer: I am NOT a law enforcement officer of any kind nor am I professional in the interpretation of the local, state or federal law. Consult your local police and personal attorney before killing someone. :thumbsup: Thank you and have a good day, fellow concealed/open carry persons.
Skye Bustin'
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:48 pm

Look out people, I'm packing now. :sniper:
Got it in the mail on Friday, 39 days later. About 20 days sooner than I thought, now I'm scrambling to get the right holster(s) and accessories.
Either there has been a decrease in people applying, or you people that claim to have clean records that took 60+ days have been a little bit untruthful. :tongue:
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby okbucksnducks » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:42 am

shoveler_shooter wrote:Look out people, I'm packing now. :sniper:
Got it in the mail on Friday, 39 days later. About 20 days sooner than I thought, now I'm scrambling to get the right holster(s) and accessories.
Either there has been a decrease in people applying, or you people that claim to have clean records that took 60+ days have been a little bit untruthful. :tongue:

My wife and I got ours 35-40 days later. There has been a decrease in applications. When I was waiting (after 30 days), I heard on a news program that the average waiting period dropped to 38 days because of the drop in application requests.
assateague wrote:Eff a pintail. When I kill one, I'm going to dance a jig over its carcass.
okbucksnducks
hunter

Previous

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting