Should i tell it to them strait?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: Should i tell it to them strait?

Postby DuckManClyde » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:30 pm

ctdeathfrombelow wrote:
DuckManClyde wrote:Seems like I need to.clarify - I have two neighbors i hunt with,well call the brothers jake and jordan, and the other guy Jim ( protecting identities folks) Jim has the truck, I have the boat, and motor, and Jake and Jordan have the decoys. were all essential to eachother .

So you guys are the "Voltron" of duck hunting....

exactly
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:48 pm

DuckManClyde wrote:" Captain Clyde ".....i like the sound of that :thumbsup: I guess along the lines of *EXPERIANCE the brothers got us beat. But i take the sport much more seriously, i actually practice calling/shooting and do my reading on the art of duck hunting. But i think your right guys, the only way to fix it is to tell em strait. Were hanging out this weekend since the folks are going north to close the cabin, that might be the best time to bring it up since i wont be able to go hunting. As for the decoys, I read in outdoor life about the milk jugs with a black stripe. DO THOSE REALLY WORK?? Im assuming they dont actually LAND in them, probably just a visual for the calling. or am i wrong on that one?

just buy duck decoys, heck they are probably cheaper than milk jugs! Cry poverty, I am sure someone will donate some to you!

I know some guys that have 20 years experience at shooting 5 ducks a year!!!!!...... you almost have to hunt a whole season to know who is right and who is wrong and when there is no right or wrong..... seems like you all need EACH other.....put on lipstick and try to get along

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:04 am

go buy 6 decoys...suck it up they arent that expensive
build up numbers as you go 1 here 2-3 there before you know it you will have a boat full
keep an eye on auction sites for elcheephos and have a ball repainting them
thats a whole new aspect to the sport that is just as addictive
go out with the truck driver only.... 2 guys and see how you go...when you come home with a heap of birds the neighbours will ask why they didnt get an invite...time to tell it straight.
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:15 am

DuckManClyde wrote:Seems like I need to.clarify - I have two neighbors i hunt with,well call the brothers jake and jordan, and the other guy Jim ( protecting identities folks) Jim has the truck, I have the boat, and motor, and Jake and Jordan have the decoys. were all essential to eachother .

buy an old beater of a truck and some old beater deeks..... :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:19 am

Eh Jehler....We weren't that bad were we? Shoot it to me straight... :wink: :lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby t_baker » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:33 am

Indaswamp wrote:

I think a drivers license is a bigger problem than a truck...
t_baker
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:29 pm

t_baker wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

he knows....he know mah struggles. Mom wont me take mah classes till im 17, she says " its not your driving im worried about, its every other teenager with a licence that im worried about" And she wont let me drive a car, says its too dangerous, jokes on her id rather have the pickup. Gotta be a chevy tho, and black, and back seats, then ill have max-4 duck blind camo wrap done around the bottom half of it. :grooving:
Last edited by DuckManClyde on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby bighop » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:31 pm

DuckManClyde wrote:
t_baker wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

he knows....he know mah struggles. Mom wont me take mah classes till im 17, she says " its not your driving im worried about, its every other teenager with a licence that im worried about" And she wont let me drive a car, says its too dangerous, jokes on her id rather have the pickup. Gotta be a chevy tho, and black, and back seats, then ill have max-4 duck blind camo wrap done around the bottom half of it. #DuckManSwag :grooving:

Hey, what's your barrel sticker say?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby t_baker » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:08 pm

DuckManClyde wrote:
t_baker wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

he knows....he know mah struggles. Mom wont me take mah classes till im 17, she says " its not your driving im worried about, its every other teenager with a licence that im worried about" And she wont let me drive a car, says its too dangerous, jokes on her id rather have the pickup. Gotta be a chevy tho, and black, and back seats, then ill have max-4 duck blind camo wrap done around the bottom half of it. #DuckManSwag :grooving:

In your best interest kid, delete this post.
t_baker
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:19 pm

bighop wrote:
DuckManClyde wrote:
t_baker wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:

Hey, what's your barrel sticker say?

what barrel sticker? @Tbaker....better?
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:29 pm

If you don't have at min. Two barrel stickers how can anyone take you serious.
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:34 pm

idk, stickers dont make you shoot any better why would i spend mah money on them? And i dont think theyd look good on an o/u anyways.
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby bighop » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:04 pm

DuckManClyde wrote:idk, stickers dont make you shoot any better why would i spend mah money on them? And i dont think theyd look good on an o/u anyways.

If you don't have 4 barrel stickers on an O/U, you're never going to get anyone to listen to you while giving duck hunting advice. Trust me.
Rick Hall 2016
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby DuckManClyde » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:13 pm

This is my first time hearing about needing barrel stickers to gain respect, especially on duck hunting chat....YALL MESSIN WITH ME ER WHAT? :fingerpt:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby bighop » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:17 pm

DuckManClyde wrote:This is my first time hearing about needing barrel stickers to gain respect, especially on duck hunting chat....YALL MESSIN WITH ME ER WHAT? :fingerpt:

again, you read it on the internet, it's true. If you want those guys with "experience" to listen to you, order yourself up 4 barrel stickers (be sure to ask mom before using the internet) and BOOM, instant respect. Guaranteed they'll start doing what you suggest.
Rick Hall 2016
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby possumfoot » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:18 pm

my phesant gun has one that says "this cock's for you!" people really seem to pay attention.. :lol3:
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby bighop » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:19 pm

possumfoot wrote:my phesant gun has one that says "this cock's for you!" people really seem to pay attention.. :lol3:

My peasant gun has one that says "let them eat cake"
Rick Hall 2016
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Duckman, where are you located?
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby DuckManClyde » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:37 pm

Botiz630 wrote:Duckman, where are you located?

west of minneapolis MN, as for these stickers, id like someone to find me one site that confirms all this hoo haw. I saw one post from 2010 on dhc he said, " barrel stickers are about as gay as truck balls, last thing i need is a bunch of bold white letters scaring my ducks away" which confirmes my theory that yall just foolin'.
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:57 pm

DuckManClyde wrote:

west of minneapolis MN, as for these stickers, id like someone to find me one site that confirms all this hoo haw. I saw one post from 2010 on dhc he said, " barrel stickers are about as gay as truck balls, last thing i need is a bunch of bold white letters scaring my ducks away" which confirmes my theory that yall just foolin'.

you say we be frontin dawg??
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:10 pm

possumfoot wrote:
DuckManClyde wrote:

you say we be frontin dawg??

cause around here, the guy WITH the sticker is the oddball, not the other way around. :yes:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby Underradar » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:15 pm

If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Well he`s not all bad he did say Minnesota
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:10 pm

ay, now dont go hatin on the land of over 10,000 mah dude :fingerpt: all im sayin is, why ugly up a nice gun with stickers. thats all.
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby daffy... » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:29 pm

buy your stickers on ebay. you can buy bands from ducks other people shot and put them on your lanyard. I do it, they think im the great white hunter when they see my bling
daffy...
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole