Go Pro

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Go Pro

Postby Willie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:20 am

School me on the Go Pro and the different models, needed accessories, where to buy, etc.
Would use to film hunts and fishing trips/underwater shots.
Willie
hunter

Re: Go Pro

Postby kbooger » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:46 pm

If you want to get a feel for quality check out the gopro duck hunts on youtube. The black edition should be best for duck hunting, they are pretty cool. I used one Saturday and checked out the footage later. It was the silver edition I borrowed from a friend and I was impressed by the quality, but the birds were also a bit far out and that didn't turn out great. On a full charge and blank 64gb memory card I got about an hour and a half of continuous footage. One drawback is you can't tell what you are shooting there is no window to see what the camera sees.

After borrowing one I think I will likely get one - the black edition. It's a fun way to keep track of your hunts. If I do get it I'll also pony up for a 64gb memory card and headstrap mount. You can get it many places, Cabelas, best buy, amazon.
kbooger
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Buddy has the Hero 3 black edition that he uses for spear fishing at rigs. Clarity is amazing in HD even when they're down 100 ft. Just hooks right onto the mask.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby greenster » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:19 pm

Can watch footage from phone or other wireless device, or use it as remote etc. Hero2 the wifi backpak is a must.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Return to The Honey Hole