Duck Hunting Forum banner

Go Pro in decoy spread

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  juwehoyt 
#1 ·
I want to put my Go Pro in my decoy spread.I have a camo water proof housing for the camera. Im not sure if i should mount the camera on the back of a decoy or sink a 2x4 in the mud and put the camera on there. Has anyone tried this if so how did you mount the camera.

#5 ·
Someone is gonna waterswat the GoPro into a hundred pieces. Better put it on the back of the 2 X 4 behind a ballistic cover of some kind. Can I come hunting with you? :devil:

#6 ·
ScaupHunter said:
Someone is gonna waterswat the GoPro into a hundred pieces. Better put it on the back of the 2 X 4 behind a ballistic cover of some kind. Can I come hunting with you? :devil:
Every time the lady goes, this is exactly what I fear.... :lol3:

#7 ·
I use 2. Put them on ski poles. I put mine right in front of the check so they don't get shot. One facing the blind and one face the spread. Works pretty well

#8 ·
Tri pod just like aunt betty said... I use 3-4 cameras at a time when I run mine and use Wi-Fi pacs on each... this system works awesome... I don't spray paint mine, but I only leave the camera above water

If anyone cares heres some footage...

#9 ·
juwehoyt said:
Tri pod just like aunt betty said... I use 3-4 cameras at a time when I run mine and use Wi-Fi pacs on each... this system works awesome... I don't spray paint mine, but I only leave the camera above water

Bad @$$ footage man. Can't wait to film Montana on Saturday :hammer:

#10 ·
juwehoyt said:

You need to teach your dog to hold

#11 ·
jehler said:
juwehoyt said:

How is that even possible? Dogs dont have thumbs.

#12 ·
T Man said:
jehler said:
juwehoyt said:

How is that even possible? Dogs dont have thumbs.
I think jehler was referring to their dew claws :lol3:

#16 ·
wanapasaki said:
juwehoyt said:

I had a guy set up fo film my opener, but he sketched out on me.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#18 ·
go get the bird said:
wanapasaki said:
juwehoyt said:

You told me your SIL wouldn't be there and you were flying me out COACH. I ain't coming to Utah for that. :no:

#19 ·
OHIODUCKA5 said:
go get the bird said:
wanapasaki said:
juwehoyt said:

You told me your SIL wouldn't be there and you were flying me out COACH. I ain't coming to Utah for that. :no:
I'll come to Utah to film.

#20 ·
go get the bird said:
wanapasaki said:
juwehoyt said:

I weighed my options.. Either hunt with 'go get the bird' and film a coot shoot, or hunt myself in Montana :hammer: :lol3: .

#22 ·
Crazy Matt said:
Meh, that tripod is nice and all, but the best way is to get some hickory limbs. Just shove it into the mud like a mojo pole. Use the handlebar mount.

I would say it worked.
That's an awesome video... 2:01 in the video :thumbsup: was great...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.