Super 90 Cycling Slow

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Super 90 Cycling Slow

Postby laduckman » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:07 am

My friend has a Super 90 that is a few years old and the bolt is very slow. We removed the stock after duck season and sprayed some cleaner and oil in the spring, but this only seems to help a little. The housing that holds the spring is installed extremely tight and we could not completely disassemble it for cleaning. Does anyone have any other ideas that we might be able to try. The bolt also has a spot where it seems to stick or hang-up if you slide the bolt forward while holding the bolt handle. All of these might be related but the bolt will also not rotate to the fully closed position on the first shell, might just be to slow. Any ideas would be a great help.

Thanks,
laduckman
Newb

Postby wracquet » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:16 am

Yes,i have a super black eagle, and i had exactly the same problem. No one seemed to know what to do, but everyone thought they did. Well, after trying many things, i took the old spring out of the stock [the recoil spring] and compared it to a new one. Replace the old one with a new one, and you will see what i mean. Thank you, Johnny
wracquet
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum