20 GA To Share, Soliciting Advice

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

20 GA To Share, Soliciting Advice

Postby E Tilton » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:54 am

I'm looking at buying my first 20 this fall and my purpose is two-fold: have a 20 I can hunt dove and pheasants with and something the girlfriend can shoot here and there. Over the past couple of years she's wanted to start trying to go skeet shooting but can't heft my Super Vinci very well (she's a tiny thing at 5'2 and 95lbs). Now that I live close to a range and she's got a bit more time on her hands, I figure it is about time to have her give it a go. So, I'm looking for something that will hold up and that has both youth and adult stocks available. I don't mind buying a youth model and adding an adult stock or vice versa, but a packaged deal would be pretty easy. I probably plan to hit the used market and pay between $500 and $800 for something. 24-26" barrel and autoloader would be my preference, hands down. O/U would be a close second, but I don't think she'd like a pump and I know I wouldn't.

Anyone have any advice on what models to look at? I've been wanting a Monte for some time, so that'd be cool, but I've also been looking at Remingtons and Winchesters.
E Tilton
hunter

Re: 20 GA To Share, Soliciting Advice

Postby orphanedcowboy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:22 am

Weatherby SA08 20ga youth and buy the adult size stock for $55 from Weatherby

Sent from my Tesla coil
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby MarkM » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:33 am

orphanedcowboy wrote:Weatherby SA08 20ga youth and buy the adult size stock for $55 from Weatherby

Sent from my Tesla coil

Shot one of these the other day. Less kick than my 1100 20 gauge and handled absolutely wonderful.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby E Tilton » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:35 am

Does the youth model only come in synthetic?
E Tilton
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:37 pm

orphanedcowboy wrote:Weatherby SA08 20ga youth and buy the adult size stock for $55 from Weatherby

Sent from my Tesla coil

+1 at this point.

My wife is 5'6" and 115 and is loving this gun almost as much as she was her a400. This will be her waterfowl gun and the Beretta her upland gun.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby z51 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:36 am

E Tilton wrote:Does the youth model only come in synthetic?

www.weatherby.com
z51
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum