The Morning Report!

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

The Morning Report!

Postby finalflighttx » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:03 am

Just got back from the lake this morning and we have gone from big flights and full limits to the past 2 trips slipping away from us. We got over a 5" rain in Wood county recently and I am wondering if the temp. and standing water are taking their toll on big lake flights. Anyone noticing anything like this not just in East Texas but all around the state it has been a great teal season LOTS of duck weed and the most wood ducks I have seen in years on the area lakes hope you all are killing em too!
Final Flight Duck Club
Hawkins TX
finalflighttx
hunter

Re: The Morning Report!

Postby quanah labs » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:58 pm

Here in central Texas I can count the number of teal I've seen on one hand! Hopefully the last weekend of the season will be better. I'm tired of getting skunked!!!
Hunt like your hungry
quanah labs
hunter

Postby finalflighttx » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:13 pm

scouted the roost TONS of birds came back but I never saw them leave this morning... got something for em tomorrow though! :thumbsup: Again I have never seen the like of woodies before on this lake bet I roosted over 500 easy! :eek:
Final Flight Duck Club
Hawkins TX
finalflighttx
hunter

Postby QuackkAddictsTX » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:06 am

I'm in Franklin County and I haven't seen a single teal all season. A lot of mexican whistlers and woodies though.
When times are tough and flocks are small, just take your time and kill them all.
QuackkAddictsTX
hunter

Postby tako1972 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:25 pm

I mentioned to someone or on here about a big jump in wood ducks around our parts as well. Good news in my book. I love wood duck, one of the tastiest IMO. Bigger groups than usual also.
tako1972
hunter

Postby finalflighttx » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:18 pm

Agree I am taking the camera to shoot some of the woodies the legal way in the morning I had a real nice group fall in the deeks at first light this morning. If I get some good ones I will post them. :thumbsup:
Final Flight Duck Club
Hawkins TX
finalflighttx
hunter

Postby QuackkAddictsTX » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:59 am

Hey final flight! I didn't realize you were in Hawkins. I'm having a guy named Darren Danielson train my dog there. Said he's been seeing a lot of teal down there so hope you're getting some of them!
When times are tough and flocks are small, just take your time and kill them all.
QuackkAddictsTX
hunter

Postby Duck_Happy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Just finished moving down to Houston. Hunted the last rainy day in Central Texas had 4 big flocks of teal come in, and took our time shooting at the last group of teal so as not to go over the limit
Duck_Happy
hunter

Postby JBurns » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:01 am

I'm in Camp County, saw huge numbers of birds last Sunday. We weren't where they wanted to be but it was a nice sight. Saw several woodies and whistlers too. Hope it's a good year.
JBurns
hunter

Return to Texas Duck Hunting