Duck Hunting Forum banner

First retriever in Dallas area

919 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ntxhunterusmc 
#1 ·
I've decided to get my first retriever and I would really appreciate some input from the group on which breeders may be more geared towards a dog that would fit my goals/plan. I plan on training the dog myself, so I assume that there are certain temperaments that are more suited to that than others. Admittedly, I know very little about this process or what will or will not be important, so any advice is more than welcome. I would be willing to travel to a certain extent, but not across the country. I'll be using the dog for hunting, but just as much a family dog. If there is something important that I didn't mention, please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help.

#4 ·
Go to retrievertraining.net and look in the classifieds under Lab Puppies.You will see a lot of good litters. They require the person with the ad to have health clearances posted on the sire and dam of the pups. Talk to the breeders and let them know what you are looking for.The least expensive part of owning a dog is the initial cost so get the best bred pup you can, There is usually a variety of temperments within a litter.

Jeff

#5 ·
labsforme said:
Go to retrievertraining.net and look in the classifieds under Lab Puppies.You will see a lot of good litters. They require the person with the ad to have health clearances posted on the sire and dam of the pups. Talk to the breeders and let them know what you are looking for.The least expensive part of owning a dog is the initial cost so get the best bred pup you can, There is usually a variety of temperments within a litter.

Jeff
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.