Good morning!

Some of the best waterfowl hunting in the nation. Learn and share your experiences duck hunting in the Republic of Texas. From the Canada geese of the Panhandle to the Snows of Houston and estuaries for ducks on the coast and the livestock impoundments to the west.

Moderators: HENDU3270, DoubleBayou, whistlin_wings

Good morning!

Postby ATI » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:17 am

New member here,
I live NE of Dallas and have been duck hunting for 23+ years total. (did not hunt anything when I lived in Germany and California)

been reading this forum for a while and finally decided to join. Looking forward to being a regular member, make some friends and learn new stuff.
ATI
hunter
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:05 am


Re: Good morning!

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:56 am

Welcome! How far ne? I'm in Farmersville..
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
User avatar
Indiancreekducks87
hunter
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Farmersville, Tx

Re: Good morning!

Postby ATI » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:15 am

Thank you!
Not far from you at all, in St. Paul, which is close to Wylie and Allen.
ATI
hunter
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:05 am

Re: Good morning!

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:39 am

Oh cool. Yeah you are not too far at all man.
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
User avatar
Indiancreekducks87
hunter
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Farmersville, Tx

Re: Good morning!

Postby Barney#1 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:42 am

Welcome to the forum.
User avatar
Barney#1
hunter
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Boerne Tx

Re: Good morning!

Postby ATI » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:03 pm

Barney#1 wrote:Welcome to the forum.

thanks!
nice nickname! :yes:
ATI
hunter
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:05 am

Re: Good morning!

Postby Barney#1 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:18 pm

ATI wrote:
Barney#1 wrote:Welcome to the forum.

thanks!
nice nickname! :yes:


:lol3: I joined when the term was being tossed around quite a bit. I beleive rookies are now reffered to as topwaters. LONG story :yes:
User avatar
Barney#1
hunter
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Boerne Tx

Re: Good morning!

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Barney#1 wrote:
ATI wrote:
Barney#1 wrote:Welcome to the forum.

thanks!
nice nickname! :yes:


:lol3: I joined when the term was being tossed around quite a bit. I beleive rookies are now reffered to as topwaters. LONG story :yes:


Oh lord was that an ordeal or what?... Lol that was a pretty interesting debate/thread haha
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
User avatar
Indiancreekducks87
hunter
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Farmersville, Tx

Re: Good morning!

Postby ATI » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:05 am

lots of terms for rookies! :yes:
ATI
hunter
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:05 am

Re: Good morning!

Postby Streater » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:10 pm

I live in The Colony and will be hunting this are for the first time this year. Welcome
Streater
hunter
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:13 am

Re: Good morning!

Postby Barney#1 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:32 pm

Indiancreekducks87 wrote:
Barney#1 wrote:
ATI wrote:
Barney#1 wrote:Welcome to the forum.

thanks!
nice nickname! :yes:


:lol3: I joined when the term was being tossed around quite a bit. I beleive rookies are now reffered to as topwaters. LONG story :yes:


Oh lord was that an ordeal or what?... Lol that was a pretty interesting debate/thread haha

Yeah it was. I looked back at it and still got a chuckle :lol3:

ATI wrote:lots of terms for rookies! :yes:

Unfortunately there is. Some deserve it and some don't. All we can do is attempt to steer um in the right direction without making it too easy. Heck I'm no seasoned pro but have already had some dudes get me fired up on public land a couple of times. This will be my 5th season and I learn something every year.
User avatar
Barney#1
hunter
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Boerne Tx

Re: Good morning!

Postby Indiancreekducks87 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:42 pm

Barney#1 wrote:
Indiancreekducks87 wrote:
Barney#1 wrote:
ATI wrote:
Barney#1 wrote:Welcome to the forum.

thanks!
nice nickname! :yes:


:lol3: I joined when the term was being tossed around quite a bit. I beleive rookies are now reffered to as topwaters. LONG story :yes:


Oh lord was that an ordeal or what?... Lol that was a pretty interesting debate/thread haha

Yeah it was. I looked back at it and still got a chuckle :lol3:


Good times.. Lol
"keep the lord in your heart, and keep your powder dry..." chris knight
User avatar
Indiancreekducks87
hunter
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:43 am
Location: Farmersville, Tx

Re: Good morning!

Postby stumpjumper1590 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:28 pm

When did I miss the whole rookie discussion?


Sent from my busted iPhone
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" -- George Washington

2013-2014 Season Strap

3- Blue wing teal
User avatar
stumpjumper1590
hunter
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Corpus Christi TX

Re: Good morning!

Postby Barney#1 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Last year. Ole oneyearwonder was on a rampage.
That bad #$% bleach jug totin mallard bustin some buck. :lol3:
Better watch out. I might have just woke the sleeping giant. :umm:
User avatar
Barney#1
hunter
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:11 pm
Location: Boerne Tx

Re: Good morning!

Postby finalflighttx » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:39 pm

Welcome ATI this is a great group of guys I have learned a lot about our local birds and some really good techniques and shortcuts that really do give you some good and some not so good advise! :lol3: any way welcome if I can help you just let me know! :thumbsup:
Final Flight Duck Club
Hawkins TX
finalflighttx
hunter
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Hawkins TX

Re: Good morning!

Postby ATI » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:25 am

Thanks again fellas. I can't wait for the season to start. :thumbsup:
ATI
hunter
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:05 am

Re: Good morning!

Postby MarkM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:13 am

Barney#1 wrote:Last year. Ole oneyearwonder was on a rampage.
That bad #$% bleach jug totin mallard bustin some buck. :lol3:
Better watch out. I might have just woke the sleeping giant. :umm:

You hatin on my bleach decoys??

I think I am gonna try a spread like this one though this year. Finally have enough deeks
Image
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Good morning!

Postby ATI » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:20 am

did y'all know that white "park duck" decoys have proven to be very effective in bringing migrators down for a closer look?
ATI
hunter
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:05 am

Re: Good morning!

Postby MarkM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:22 am

ATI wrote:did y'all know that white "park duck" decoys have proven to be very effective in bringing migrators down for a closer look?

So I need to paint all my decoys white is what you're saying...
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Good morning!

Postby ATI » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:55 am

MarkM wrote:
ATI wrote:did y'all know that white "park duck" decoys have proven to be very effective in bringing migrators down for a closer look?

So I need to paint all my decoys white is what you're saying...


no, just a couple, maybe three. Try it and let us know how that works :thumbsup:
ATI
hunter
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:05 am

Re: Good morning!

Postby MarkM » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:37 pm

ATI wrote:
MarkM wrote:
ATI wrote:did y'all know that white "park duck" decoys have proven to be very effective in bringing migrators down for a closer look?

So I need to paint all my decoys white is what you're saying...


no, just a couple, maybe three. Try it and let us know how that works :thumbsup:

I would hate to ruin a good coot decoy though just to try something out for the benefit of everyone else.
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..


Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....


:lol3: I am!
User avatar
MarkM
hunter
 
Posts: 2203
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Waco, TX

Re: Good morning!

Postby ATI » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:56 pm

MarkM wrote:
ATI wrote:
MarkM wrote:
ATI wrote:did y'all know that white "park duck" decoys have proven to be very effective in bringing migrators down for a closer look?

So I need to paint all my decoys white is what you're saying...


no, just a couple, maybe three. Try it and let us know how that works :thumbsup:

I would hate to ruin a good coot decoy though just to try something out for the benefit of everyone else.


I'm waiting for a couple of th Mallard decoys to get old and paint them white and try it but that may be a year or two...
ATI
hunter
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:05 am


Return to Texas Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests