Duck Hunting Forum banner

Could You do this?

2K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  aunt betty 
#1 ·
Answer.
Oh MY God....no...I could barely get through the video....

#3 ·
Yes I could and I have done it. Used to maintain the lights on several towers that were nearly that tall. 1500 feet. My father also did tower work. That's how I learned plus I used his climbing gear.
It's scary but surreal to be up so high supported by so little. I can't do it anymore but would love to try.

#7 ·
It would take a very finely honed cocktail of drugs for me to complete that

#15 ·
UMMMMMMMMMMMMM, NO!!!!!!

Got stuck on a roof once, framed it, sheathed it & was putting down shingles for a day and a half, after lunch, went up the ladder to the staging, over to, & up the ladder to the roof, I got on the roof then pure PANIC set in, I scrambled to the roof peak & vacuum sealed my but there!!!!!!

I spent over an hr. telling my self over & over that this an irrational fear, my coworkers asked if they should call the fire dept. to get me down, I replied, NOOOOOOOOOOOO. I was an officer in my local fire an hr. away. the fire svce. is a small community!

Needles to say, I talked my self out of my irrational fear, hopped down, grabbed a bunch of shingles & finished the roof!!!!!!!!!!

#18 ·
Professor_Leakey said:
i could not do that.

im wondering what happens when that guy had a large black coffee and a bran muffin for breakfast, gets to the top and feels his stomach gurgle. what then?
funny, I had that as a check in the pro column

#19 ·
jehler said:
Professor_Leakey said:
i could not do that.

im wondering what happens when that guy had a large black coffee and a bran muffin for breakfast, gets to the top and feels his stomach gurgle. what then?
I'd feel bad for the poor guy below him holding the tool bag

#20 ·
OHIODUCKA5 said:
jehler said:
Professor_Leakey said:
i could not do that.

id give him fair warning

#21 ·
jehler said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:
jehler said:
Professor_Leakey said:
i could not do that.

id give him fair warning
Good enough

#23 ·
Broken Paddle said:
UMMMMMMMMMMMMM, NO!!!!!!

Got stuck on a roof once, framed it, sheathed it & was putting down shingles for a day and a half, after lunch, went up the ladder to the staging, over to, & up the ladder to the roof, I got on the roof then pure PANIC set in, I scrambled to the roof peak & vacuum sealed my but there!!!!!!

I spent over an hr. telling my self over & over that this an irrational fear, my coworkers asked if they should call the fire dept. to get me down, I replied, NOOOOOOOOOOOO. I was an officer in my local fire an hr. away. the fire svce. is a small community!

Needles to say, I talked my self out of my irrational fear, hopped down, grabbed a bunch of shingles & finished the roof!!!!!!!!!!
two story or single? i used to have a fear of heights but i actually got over it by falling off a 20 foot wall :lol3: one of the last jobs i was on at that job was the equivalent of a four story building (it was a house) and i had to form and pour the chimneys which were out on the very edge of the structure. i got pretty used to hanging off the side of the building tethered off to rebar to strip or build the forms.

still don't think i could go THAT high though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.