Including Lost Game In Limit

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:38 pm

I crippled a goose this afternoon, it sailed and landed 100 yards from the migrant workers housing, 10 guys chase it through the field until they finally hit it with a shovel. They shoot me the middle finger and give the goose a columbian necktie. Do I count that to my limit? Or call PETA? Or start a thread about how steel sucks and we should be allowed to use lead in fields?
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre


copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
User avatar
sampsonhuntin
hunter
 
Posts: 2636
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:45 am
Location: roseboro, north carolina


Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby assateague » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:39 pm

You should start one about hating Mexicans.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby bighop » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:46 pm

assateague wrote:You should start one about hating Mexicans.

Hey, they could have been Canadian migrant workers...
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6576
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:04 pm

assateague wrote:You should start one about hating Mexicans.

Nah. I've seen them guys work sunup to sundown in jeans and long sleeve t-shirts in july and august, and then drink a case of Corona then repeat the process until all the work is done.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre


copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
User avatar
sampsonhuntin
hunter
 
Posts: 2636
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:45 am
Location: roseboro, north carolina

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby possumfoot » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:35 pm

sampsonhuntin wrote:
assateague wrote:You should start one about hating Mexicans.

Nah. I've seen them guys work sunup to sundown in jeans and long sleeve t-shirts in july and august, and then drink a case of Corona then repeat the process until all the work is done.



you seem to be in such support of lead, i have to ask, have you ever shot lead at ducks and /or geese??
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5393
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby sampsonhuntin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:05 am

possumfoot wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
assateague wrote:You should start one about hating Mexicans.

Nah. I've seen them guys work sunup to sundown in jeans and long sleeve t-shirts in july and august, and then drink a case of Corona then repeat the process until all the work is done.



you seem to be in such support of lead, i have to ask, have you ever shot lead at ducks and /or geese??

Nope. My grandpa did when it was legal. Why? Are you going to confirm its awesomeness also? If not, save the keyboard time, I'll still say lead should be allowed in field hunting.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre


copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
User avatar
sampsonhuntin
hunter
 
Posts: 2636
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:45 am
Location: roseboro, north carolina

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby aunt betty » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:22 am

The lead ban is less that 30 years old. I shot lead at ducks n geese...sonny.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
hunter
 
Posts: 10462
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:41 am

aunt betty wrote:The lead ban is less that 30 years old. I shot lead at ducks n geese...sonny.

When I started hunting nontoxic shot was not required everywhere. My town was near the line. If I hunted waterfowl up river, I took the lead and if I hunted down river I had to take the steel. I think I still have a few old lead waterfowl load rolling around somewhere in the basement.

But I hate to tell you, if you are old enough to hunt with lead, you are old enough to be a grandpa :yes:

One advantage of not having kids, you can pretend like you are not old enough to be a grandpa :yes:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 15896
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby possumfoot » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:46 am

nationwide lead ban was 1987 i think..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5393
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby assateague » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:59 am

sampsonhuntin wrote:
assateague wrote:You should start one about hating Mexicans.

Nah. I've seen them guys work sunup to sundown in jeans and long sleeve t-shirts in july and august, and then drink a case of Corona then repeat the process until all the work is done.



Quite a few Americans do that, too. But for some reason we look down on them for it. Go figure.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby bighop » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:07 am

assateague wrote:
sampsonhuntin wrote:
assateague wrote:You should start one about hating Mexicans.

Nah. I've seen them guys work sunup to sundown in jeans and long sleeve t-shirts in july and august, and then drink a case of Corona then repeat the process until all the work is done.



Quite a few Americans do that, too. But for some reason we look down on them for it. Go figure.

Except it's PBR...
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6576
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby mauserfan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:38 am

If you are merely a shooter, move on. If you are a hunter, read on. OK, let me put it this way. The shot + the retrieve = the dinner. The hunter controls most all of all three. 1) the shot- if you are wounding birds at 40 yards, stop shooting at 40 yards. Set up to shoot closer . If your shots will always be at 40 yards then spend the time and effort to learn how to shoot at that range. If you don't have the confidence of a mortal shot then don't pull the trigger. 2) The retrieve-set up for the birds to fall where your best retrieves are. If shots are presented that means a retrieve is unlikely, don't shoot. This hold true for those with dogs as well. This is conserving birds. Most all of us do it already by knowing our ranges and how to set up a spread. I have to put up with the crowds like everyone as I hunt public lands wherever I hunt. I do not belong to a private club, go on guided or outfitted hunts or own a lease. I never will. Is my belief backed by scientific facts? Probably not but, reason is to reason. I do know it is ethical and is a choice that I made. I hate to lose a bird as much as anyone and it makes me just that much more aware when I pull the trigger. ....to underradar: grow up. Thanks....mauser :thumbsup:
The greatest duck call known to mankind?....A fresh cup of coffee from the Thermos.
User avatar
mauserfan
hunter
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:37 am
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby possumfoot » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:48 am

mauserfan wrote:If you are merely a shooter, move on. If you are a hunter, read on. OK, let me put it this way. The shot + the retrieve = the dinner. The hunter controls most all of all three. 1) the shot- if you are wounding birds at 40 yards, stop shooting at 40 yards. Set up to shoot closer . If your shots will always be at 40 yards then spend the time and effort to learn how to shoot at that range. If you don't have the confidence of a mortal shot then don't pull the trigger. 2) The retrieve-set up for the birds to fall where your best retrieves are. If shots are presented that means a retrieve is unlikely, don't shoot. This hold true for those with dogs as well. This is conserving birds. Most all of us do it already by knowing our ranges and how to set up a spread. I have to put up with the crowds like everyone as I hunt public lands wherever I hunt. I do not belong to a private club, go on guided or outfitted hunts or own a lease. I never will. Is my belief backed by scientific facts? Probably not but, reason is to reason. I do know it is ethical and is a choice that I made. I hate to lose a bird as much as anyone and it makes me just that much more aware when I pull the trigger. ....to underradar: grow up. Thanks....mauser :thumbsup:




insert foot in mouth..

i think i know best. every one should do it my way cause it makes me feel good.. it is that mindset right there that is destroying everything this country once stood for.. i don't give one solitary damn if you express your opinion, but when you start to push that on others saying "my way is right and is the only way", well, that is the point you cross the line.. you are WRONG, just like almost everyone else who basis decisions on emotion rather than fact and shown evidence.. do us all a favor and crawl back into your hole.
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5393
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby assateague » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:09 am

mauserfan wrote:If you are merely a shooter, move on. If you are a hunter, read on. OK, let me put it this way. The shot + the retrieve = the dinner. The hunter controls most all of all three. 1) the shot- if you are wounding birds at 40 yards, stop shooting at 40 yards. Set up to shoot closer . If your shots will always be at 40 yards then spend the time and effort to learn how to shoot at that range. If you don't have the confidence of a mortal shot then don't pull the trigger. 2) The retrieve-set up for the birds to fall where your best retrieves are. If shots are presented that means a retrieve is unlikely, don't shoot. This hold true for those with dogs as well. This is conserving birds. Most all of us do it already by knowing our ranges and how to set up a spread. I have to put up with the crowds like everyone as I hunt public lands wherever I hunt. I do not belong to a private club, go on guided or outfitted hunts or own a lease. I never will. Is my belief backed by scientific facts? Probably not but, reason is to reason. I do know it is ethical and is a choice that I made. I hate to lose a bird as much as anyone and it makes me just that much more aware when I pull the trigger. ....to underradar: grow up. Thanks....mauser :thumbsup:


What percentage of bird mortality is hunter-related? What percentage is predation? What percentage is weather-related?


Please, just stop. Come on down off your pedestal before you fall and hurt yourself. Or at least put your helmet back on.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:14 am

mauserfan wrote:I do not belong to a private club, go on guided or outfitted hunts or own a lease. I never will.

Why would you never belong to a club?

Will you ever own your own private land and limit access to it?

So why not a private club? It is NO different than owning your piece of property, except that it is a group that owns it as opposed to an individual :fingerhead:

I paid a mind boggling $1.8k for my share of the club I am in. They now go for about $3.5k. I get to hunt about 20 or 30 more days a year than I otherwise would. Only a moron would NOT join a club under those circumstances. :thumbsup:

Why on earth would you never go on a guided hunt? I suppose you would never take a charter deep sea fishing. If you can't afford the 100's of thousands of dollars to own the boat and years of experience to find the fish, Image it, I'm never doing it because I am morally superior to those fisherman that do.

I go on a guided snow goose hunt every year. No Image way am I investing the time and money necessary to get the enjoyable hunt that I get. I plan to hunt caribou some day, but I guess I should skip the guide and outfitter and just go off to the middle of Image no where and hope for the best.

mauserfan wrote:If you are merely a shooter, move on.
You sound like merely a shooter to me, so move on.

It is the bull that you are shooting. :yes:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 15896
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby mauserfan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:36 am

possumfoot wrote:
mauserfan wrote:If you are merely a shooter, move on. If you are a hunter, read on. OK, let me put it this way. The shot + the retrieve = the dinner. The hunter controls most all of all three. 1) the shot- if you are wounding birds at 40 yards, stop shooting at 40 yards. Set up to shoot closer . If your shots will always be at 40 yards then spend the time and effort to learn how to shoot at that range. If you don't have the confidence of a mortal shot then don't pull the trigger. 2) The retrieve-set up for the birds to fall where your best retrieves are. If shots are presented that means a retrieve is unlikely, don't shoot. This hold true for those with dogs as well. This is conserving birds. Most all of us do it already by knowing our ranges and how to set up a spread. I have to put up with the crowds like everyone as I hunt public lands wherever I hunt. I do not belong to a private club, go on guided or outfitted hunts or own a lease. I never will. Is my belief backed by scientific facts? Probably not but, reason is to reason. I do know it is ethical and is a choice that I made. I hate to lose a bird as much as anyone and it makes me just that much more aware when I pull the trigger. ....to underradar: grow up. Thanks....mauser :thumbsup:




insert foot in mouth..

i think i know best. every one should do it my way cause it makes me feel good.. it is that mindset right there that is destroying everything this country once stood for.. i don't give one solitary damn if you express your opinion, but when you start to push that on others saying "my way is right and is the only way", well, that is the point you cross the line.. you are WRONG, just like almost everyone else who basis decisions on emotion rather than fact and shown evidence.. do us all a favor and crawl back into your hole.


Possumfoot- If my statement "is a choice that I made" means that I am pushing it on others then, "Lucy, you got some 'splainin to do". In this great country we can have opinions and debate them. Sometimes these opinions get results, i.e.-Colorado Recall.
Spinner-If a private hunt club and a guide is your choice, then have a great time. It's just not my preference. Have a great weekend....mauser
The greatest duck call known to mankind?....A fresh cup of coffee from the Thermos.
User avatar
mauserfan
hunter
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:37 am
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby possumfoot » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:07 am

mauserfan wrote:
possumfoot wrote:
mauserfan wrote:If you are merely a shooter, move on. If you are a hunter, read on. OK, let me put it this way. The shot + the retrieve = the dinner. The hunter controls most all of all three. 1) the shot- if you are wounding birds at 40 yards, stop shooting at 40 yards. Set up to shoot closer . If your shots will always be at 40 yards then spend the time and effort to learn how to shoot at that range. If you don't have the confidence of a mortal shot then don't pull the trigger. 2) The retrieve-set up for the birds to fall where your best retrieves are. If shots are presented that means a retrieve is unlikely, don't shoot. This hold true for those with dogs as well. This is conserving birds. Most all of us do it already by knowing our ranges and how to set up a spread. I have to put up with the crowds like everyone as I hunt public lands wherever I hunt. I do not belong to a private club, go on guided or outfitted hunts or own a lease. I never will. Is my belief backed by scientific facts? Probably not but, reason is to reason. I do know it is ethical and is a choice that I made. I hate to lose a bird as much as anyone and it makes me just that much more aware when I pull the trigger. ....to underradar: grow up. Thanks....mauser :thumbsup:




insert foot in mouth..

i think i know best. every one should do it my way cause it makes me feel good.. it is that mindset right there that is destroying everything this country once stood for.. i don't give one solitary damn if you express your opinion, but when you start to push that on others saying "my way is right and is the only way", well, that is the point you cross the line.. you are WRONG, just like almost everyone else who basis decisions on emotion rather than fact and shown evidence.. do us all a favor and crawl back into your hole.


Possumfoot- If my statement "is a choice that I made" means that I am pushing it on others then, "Lucy, you got some 'splainin to do". In this great country we can have opinions and debate them. Sometimes these opinions get results, i.e.-Colorado Recall.
Spinner-If a private hunt club and a guide is your choice, then have a great time. It's just not my preference. Have a great weekend....mauser



that clear enough?? or do i have to go back through all your post?? and that "well, what i MENT to say" BS ain't gonna fly.. your flat out wrong and a no amount of crawfishing is gonna change that...
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5393
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby possumfoot » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:13 am

mauserfan wrote:If you are merely a shooter, move on. If you are a hunter, read on.

mauserfan wrote: In this great country we can have opinions and debate them.



SOOOO much double speak.. i'm not so bored as to go through all this and point em out, but if ya keep on, someone may...

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: blinded by the facts.. gotta love it...
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5393
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby mauserfan » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:19 am

Point them out, the facts as well. I have no clue where you are going but will be fun to see. Thanks again....mauser :smile:
The greatest duck call known to mankind?....A fresh cup of coffee from the Thermos.
User avatar
mauserfan
hunter
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:37 am
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby possumfoot » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:54 am

mauserfan wrote:Point them out, the facts as well. I have no clue where you are going but will be fun to see. Thanks again....mauser :smile:



fact one is the hunters following limits have no significant impact on breeding populations.. this FACT shoots your whole argument down.. loss is factored in.. you stated that counting loss birds in your bag would "make everyones hunting better, and increase bird numbers.. that is a FALSE statement.. care to dispute the evidence?
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5393
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby Cujo1 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:06 pm

possumfoot wrote:
mauserfan wrote:Point them out, the facts as well. I have no clue where you are going but will be fun to see. Thanks again....mauser :smile:



fact one is the hunters following limits have no significant impact on breeding populations.. this FACT shoots your whole argument down.. loss is factored in.. you stated that counting loss birds in your bag would "make everyones hunting better, and increase bird numbers.. that is a FALSE statement.. care to dispute the evidence?


Possum, this is one fact that I have always disagreed with. 2012 showed approximately 7.5 million birds harvested in the Mississippi Flyway. There is no way in hell that the biologists will ever convince me that if none of those ducks are killed there won't be more breeding pair the next year. Up to the point of habitat not being able to sustain the population the amount of birds would have to increase. Just like Snow geese, it has to even out. As you know currently all of the snow goose hunting just keeps the population in check. But I don't feel ducks have reached that magical threshold where hunters play very little if any part in population as biologists say.
All turkeys must die!


bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
User avatar
Cujo1
hunter
 
Posts: 6439
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby Underradar » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:23 pm

I think poor pitiful Mauser has trouble finding people to hunt with.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
User avatar
Underradar
hunter
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Rut Coon, LA

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby possumfoot » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:57 pm

you need to do a little more research on predation and population densitys then..

and you can disagree that water does not freeze at 0c, but all that makes you is wrong..

i seem to remember the miss flyway going to a one hen mallard limit for a couple years and it had no impact on numbers.. then there was the point system.. and you should not count drake mallards as one drake will breed hens till he dies of exhaustion if given the chance..

a couple of NRM classes would do you alot of good..


(edit) i'm not saying hen mortality from legal hunting has any impact either, just pointing out another flaw in your argument..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5393
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby Cujo1 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:43 pm

possumfoot wrote:you need to do a little more research on predation and population densitys then..

and you can disagree that water does not freeze at 0c, but all that makes you is wrong..

i seem to remember the miss flyway going to a one hen mallard limit for a couple years and it had no impact on numbers.. then there was the point system.. and you should not count drake mallards as one drake will breed hens till he dies of exhaustion if given the chance..

a couple of NRM classes would do you alot of good..


(edit) i'm not saying hen mortality from legal hunting has any impact either, just pointing out another flaw in your argument..

So you mean to say that if hunters do not kill 7.5 million ducks in the Mississippi flyway, that the predators will. Impossible
All turkeys must die!


bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
User avatar
Cujo1
hunter
 
Posts: 6439
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: Including Lost Game In Limit

Postby possumfoot » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:38 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
possumfoot wrote:you need to do a little more research on predation and population densitys then..

and you can disagree that water does not freeze at 0c, but all that makes you is wrong..

i seem to remember the miss flyway going to a one hen mallard limit for a couple years and it had no impact on numbers.. then there was the point system.. and you should not count drake mallards as one drake will breed hens till he dies of exhaustion if given the chance..

a couple of NRM classes would do you alot of good..


(edit) i'm not saying hen mortality from legal hunting has any impact either, just pointing out another flaw in your argument..

So you mean to say that if hunters do not kill 7.5 million ducks in the Mississippi flyway, that the predators will. Impossible



between predation of NESTS (you have to take males out of the equasion). sickness (its been proven that hunters (humans) tend to kill less healty birds). and there are some other factors.. it is proven that with higher nest densitys the % of nest predation is higher.. there is a #### ton of info on such things.. the numbers are not arbitrairilly pulled out of nowhere.. granted, the studies can not be 100% accurate as they go on samples, but the numbers can go both ways..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.


pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
User avatar
possumfoot
hunter
 
Posts: 5393
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: making sesbania my bitch

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests