Mojo teal

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Mojo teal

Postby Tinner4 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:01 pm

Hubby was looking at a mojo teal but doesn't want to deal with replacing AA batteries.. anyone ever converted/rewired it to be used with a larger battery like the mojo rechargeable ones?
Tinner4
hunter

Re: Mojo teal

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:16 pm

You can just put a resistor on the large large battery if there is too much amperage going to the motor on the decoy. How many AAA batteries does it take?
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Tinner4 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Oh shoot I don't remember I guess I could look it up I'm thinking two though? We just looked at one yesterday at Cabela's... He just hates dealing with batteries dying. I figure we probably would just have to give it a go and see if a larger battery would fit in the back.
Tinner4
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:24 pm

I'll check out the motor specs for you. I have one teal mojo as well, but if I remember correctly, I don't think I could fit another large mojo size battery
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:31 pm

Ok I looked at it. A few options
A. Buy the 6v rechargeable battery, should fit the teal very small. ( just cut the battery pack out and put crimps to fit battery terms)
B. Wiring harness for the gadwall can be spliced onto the hot and neutral wires on the teal and connected to a 9 V which would give you some descent time in the field and alot quicker than switching out 4 AAA's
http://www.mojooutdoors.com/index.php/s ... pathway-97
Theres a few other ideas I have, just trying to keep it easy lol
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby Tinner4 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:47 pm

Those both seem pretty simple... I'm guessing all of the mojo batteries he has floating around are the 6 volt, so probably would make sense to do that. Hrmm.... has me thinking about buying it and wiring it myself then giving it to him! Haha he'd be shocked if I did it for him!
Tinner4
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:49 pm

LOL, do it. He love you long time :lol3:
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:41 am

wanapasaki wrote:B. Wiring harness for the gadwall can be spliced onto the hot and neutral wires on the teal and connected to a 9 V which would give you some descent time in the field and alot quicker than switching out 4 AAA's

But, if the Teal is 6 volts (taking 4 AAA batteries) and the Gadwall is 9 volts (7.2 volts actually), a resister should still be used if going the 9 volt route. The 4 AAAs are 1.5 volts each making it 6 volts. I would look for any rechargeable 6 volt that would fit and wiring it with quick disconnects. Wasn't there a thread last year when Mojos were burning up running 9 and 12 volts?

I agree with your hubby. I hate dealing with non-rechargeable batteries. I bring rechargeable spares for every spinner and never have a problem.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby deliriousII » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:58 am

the mojo teal I have takes 4 AA batteries and lasts almost all year...its not used as much during the regular season though
quack addict
deliriousII
hunter

Postby garlicsalt » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:25 am

im with delirious, i rock mine week after week and maybe change the batteries once a season. four lil betteries in my pack no sweaty. good duckn
garlicsalt
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:58 pm

Battery run time is different for every hunter. Hunting twelve hours a day runs batteries down. Hunting a few hours here or there of course a battery will last a season.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:49 pm

I have one and only changed the batteries once all season. I wouldn't worry about changing it out.
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:05 pm

I use a Mojo teal daily in the September season and have found battery life pretty remarkable with single use alkaline AAs, but you could always opt for premium rechargeables lasting much longer per charge.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby dbrown57 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:35 am

used a mojo teal for about 12 morning hunts and only changed the batteries twice. its not that bug if a deal really.
PRO STAFF FOR CRITTER DONE GAME CALLS
dbrown57
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum