Possibly an inexpensive Go-Pro alternative?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Possibly an inexpensive Go-Pro alternative?

Postby GomerPyle » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:42 am

I have no idea about quality, but it's quite a bit cheaper than a Go Pro if anyone was wanting one....(keep in mind, this is a "Woot Off", so if you're not familiar with Woot.com, the camera will only be available for a very short time (maybe an hour or so)

http://www.woot.com/
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Re: Possibly an inexpensive Go-Pro alternative?

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:09 am

I don't underand the Go Pro Craze. There are plenty of waterproof cameras with video capability that is as good out there. A buddy I hunt with has been taking underwater and rainy day videos of our hunts and fishing catches for several years with a less expensive camera.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:29 am

Anyone have any experience with this camera?
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby t_baker » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:30 am

Botiz630 wrote:Anyone have any experience with this camera?

Yeah no joke. I am interested also. Just dont want junk.
t_baker
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:33 am

ScaupHunter wrote:I don't underand the Go Pro Craze. There are plenty of waterproof cameras with video capability that is as good out there. A buddy I hunt with has been taking underwater and rainy day videos of our hunts and fishing catches for several years with a less expensive camera.

It's shrewd marketing. Same reason Yeti coolers are so popular. Go Pros and Yetis are one of many options in their respective arenas, the teams behind them have just done a much better job of convincing us they're the best.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby whistlin_wings » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:49 am

I read some reviews and the common complaint was the sound quality wasn't as great but I plan to mix heavy metal into all my hunt videos anyways so sound isn't relevant and it is very picky about SD cards. If you put in the wrong one it will automatically freeze or you will get an error on your computer when you try to upload.

Also watched 3 videos on youtube of the comparison. Noticeable difference in the picture clarity, depth, and quality between the 2 but it's also $40 vs $200-$300 and 720 vs 1080.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby bighop » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:02 am

What camera was it?

I got this one from there, if this is it, don't waste your money. Worthless in low light, makes birds look even further away than gopro's. I used my iphone and got better footage.
http://www.woot.com/offers/action-shot-720p-hd-video-camera-bundle
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby GomerPyle » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:06 am

At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby trowlan1 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:I don't underand the Go Pro Craze. There are plenty of waterproof cameras with video capability that is as good out there. A buddy I hunt with has been taking underwater and rainy day videos of our hunts and fishing catches for several years with a less expensive camera.

It's shrewd marketing. Same reason Yeti coolers are so popular. Go Pros and Yetis are one of many options in their respective arenas, the teams behind them have just done a much better job of convincing us they're the best.

They ARE the best!!
trowlan1
hunter

Postby greenster » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:03 pm

The only thing close to the GO PRO is the sony. Go Pro is the best at what it does and the accessories make it even better.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby whistlin_wings » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Botiz630 wrote:

What if I were to tell you that DHC was the yeti equivalent of duck forums and places like WFF were the igloos?
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:04 pm

whistlin_wings wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:

What if I were to tell you that DHC was the yeti equivalent of duck forums and places like WFF were the igloos?

You have to do more than tell me, you have to convince me. That's the magic.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby whistlin_wings » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:14 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:

You have to do more than tell me, you have to convince me. That's the magic.

No I'm telling you that it is the equivalent. I wasn't giving you a hypothetical. What's even worse is you're a mod, that's the same as being Yeti pro staff.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:31 pm

No magic.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby whistlin_wings » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:01 pm

adf.jpg
adf.jpg (6.34 KiB) Viewed 293 times
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:18 pm

A cheap video camera is a cheap video camera. The GO-PRO is...a cheap video camera. What makes it better than any other CHEAP video camera is the ACCESSORIES. Take away the helmet holder,dogcam holder, and all the gimmicks that go with it and you got...a cheap video camera.

This video was shot with...a cheap still camera that has a video function. Tell me exactly how a Go-pro is better than this.
I shot the footage with a Fujifilm FINEPIX T. A cheap camera...

Attachments
1380234074865.jpg
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole