Duck Hunting Forum banner

OVER PAYED!

2K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  Huntfish12 
#1 ·
Im a highschool student and we did an article about an athlete and described their income etc. and i notice these athletes get payed millions of dollars a year for tossing a ball around, and i got to thinking about my 2 brothers that are in the marines who struggle to get by, there are men and women fighting for our country that struggle to pay bills. in my opinion the ACTUAL fighters should be getting the big money.

#2 ·
In a perfect world...yes. The one we that happen to live in is flawed in so many ways but don't call any attention to it or the forces that be will stomp you into the dirt.

Practice saying over and over, "it's not my/our fault" and "we're sorry" while waving outstretched arms with palms outward. If you get really good at it you will get a corporate manager's job and make a lot of money. Ironically you'll need a BA in Business to prove you can actually do it. :wink:

#3 ·
So stop watching sports, don't go to any games, and don't buy any stuff related to professional sports. You wanna get the chit taxed out of you to pay for an 11b making 6 figures a year. We don't choose to serve for the pay, other than maybe some do to have a steady job. Hell just think of all the hookers an extra 1500 a month would have bought me.

#4 ·
dave79 said:
So stop watching sports, don't go to any games, and don't buy any stuff related to professional sports. You wanna get the chit taxed out of you to pay for an 11b making 6 figures a year. We don't choose to serve for the pay, other than maybe some do to have a steady job. Hell just think of all the hookers an extra 1500 a month would have bought me.
just think what you could have bought if not for all the hookers?? :biggrin:

#9 ·
whistlin_wings said:
Sure shouldn't be any of your teachers. How can a high schooler not know how to spell overpaid
slacktide
prime example

#10 ·
possumfoot said:
dave79 said:
Even more booze! Or maybe some real food. I was stationed in Germany when they still had the mark, so you could really get the bang for your buck.

#11 ·
dave79 said:
possumfoot said:
dave79 said:
Even more booze! Or maybe some real food. I was stationed in Germany when they still had the mark, so you could really get the clap for your buck.
FIFY

#12 ·
bighop said:
dave79 said:
possumfoot said:
dave79 said:
Even more booze! Or maybe some real food. I was stationed in Germany when they still had the mark, so you could really get the clap for your buck.
FIFY
seet, horse antibiotics will clear that right up. so i'm told..

#13 ·
They should be paid however much someone's willing to pay them. professional sports is a business and athletes are the employees. Plain and simple

#14 ·
bighop said:
dave79 said:
possumfoot said:
dave79 said:
FIFY
No none of that, they even suck on it with a condom on.

#15 ·
dave79 said:
bighop said:
dave79 said:
possumfoot said:
dave79 said:
FIFY
No none of that, they even suck on it with a condom on.
They had a condom on?

This sounds like one of WFM's Thailand stories....

#16 ·
GomerPyle said:
They should be paid however much someone's willing to pay them. professional sports is a business and athletes are the employees. Plain and simple
NFL is a 10 BILLION a year business!!!!!! So of course their employee's get paid millions of dollars!!! Supply... Demand..
Can any of your brothers throw a 40 yard out route on the numbers from the other side of the field while 3 300 lb guys are running after him?????? Bet not! But if they could then they could make some big bucks!!!!

#17 ·
i_willie12 said:
GomerPyle said:
NFL is a 10 BILLION a year business!!!!!! So of course their employee's get paid millions of dollars!!! Supply... Demand..
Can any of your brothers throw a 40 yard out route on the numbers from the other side of the field while 3 300 lb guys are running after him?????? Bet not! But if they could then they could make some big bucks!!!!
exactly....winning = publicity/advertising/apparel/etc = $$$$ = teams will pay "employees" BIG$$$$ to win....

#18 ·
i_willie12 said:
GomerPyle said:
Brandon Wheedon can't throw that route and he gets millions of dollars a year. If the OP's brothers can throw that route please have them call the Browns office

#19 ·
i_willie12 said:
GomerPyle said:
I can, I just don't want to.

#20 ·
i_willie12 said:
GomerPyle said:
McDonalds serves 69 million people a day. Their annual revenue dwarfs the NFL. Your argument that big revenue corporations pay higher wages is somewhat flawed.

#22 ·
aunt betty said:
i_willie12 said:
GomerPyle said:
McDonalds serves 69 million people a day. Their annual revenue dwarfs the NFL. Your argument that big revenue corporations pay higher wages is somewhat flawed.
that's because it requires no special talent or skill to work at McDonalds....all it requires is some semblance of a pulse, therefore there are infinitely more "potential employees"

#23 ·
OHIODUCKA5 said:
i_willie12 said:
GomerPyle said:
Brandon Wheedon can't throw that route and he gets millions of dollars a year. If the OP's brothers can throw that route please have them call the Browns office

Minnesota (Loserville USA) has dibbs on the next good QB. Look at it this way. The Browns kicked the tar out of the Viqueens with a 3rd string QB... :fingerhead:

Or we will trade Ponder straight up for Weedon...

#26 ·
Gunnysway said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:
i_willie12 said:
GomerPyle said:

Minnesota (Loserville USA) has dibbs on the next good QB. Look at it this way. The Browns kicked the tar out of the Viqueens with a 3rd string QB... :fingerhead:

Or we will trade Ponder straight up for Weedon...
No thanks. This has turned into the race for Teddy Bridgewater. I hear Farve is looking to make a comeback :no:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.