Whitney Point Reservoir/Lake

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Postby obageegee » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:45 am

Anyone ever hunt Whitney Point Lake?
obageegee
hunter

Postby watchman34 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:03 pm

yup,I hunt good old whitney point res.Right now they lowered the water.So guys with boats have limited water to hunt.I scanned the lake to day and most of them were up in upper lisle end.If you go over the bridge ,look left and there about 1000 yards down the shallow end.My father and I are going to try to cancel some flight this weekend.Up the river is pretty good too.there are pothole that hold ducks up and geese.There are also a couple ponds that are in upper lise area.the best way to go is with a canoe or a flat bott john boat.
locked cocked and ready to rock! TEAM BROOME COUNTY
Now and then a bird flies into my steel shot.
watchman34
hunter

Postby obageegee » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:10 am

Thanks Watchman! My Buddy and I are coming down on Saturday morning early to try to knock down a few. We are planning on going to the North end at Upper Lisle at about 5:00 a.m. We were planning on bringing our small 12' boat with a small blind. If there are no places to launch or use the boat, there is no sense in bringing it. If you want to hook up, we should be at the bridge about 5:00 a.m. Drop me a note if you can.

Spence
obageegee
hunter

Postby watchman34 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:53 pm

theres a boat launch,but they drained the lake so much that it a bit of a steep drop.if you can lift the boat into the water thats a plus.Hell yeah i'm going :getdown: :salude: :thumbsup: .I'm going with my father and im going to try some of my home made dekes and a home made string of wings.I havent tried them yet and i wanted to test them by my self so i woundnt ruin somebodys hunt if they didnt work.So if you see about 8 floaters 4 full bodies 18 shells and 38 homemade wind socks plus a string a wings going, give a yell out to REGGIE i'll wave. :thumbsup: good luck
watchman34
hunter

Postby obageegee » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:01 pm

Reggie, how did you make out? Today was a bust for us.

Spence
obageegee
hunter

Postby watchman34 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:20 pm

yup :thumbs down: no cancelled flights here.I mostly fought with the mud.We went out to the channel.set up,which was a chore.all in all,dad got cold,didnt like the mud.He was just miserable.just out of curiosity were you the guy's over in the little "pond"area.I saw some people check out the boat launch but no one droped in.good luck in the rest of the year
watchman34
hunter

Postby obageegee » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:53 pm

Hey Reg, we were at the norh end with the little camo and fast grass boat. we setup on the second pond right in the muck. My Truck and Boat were right on the side of the road. It was a bitch getting in and out of the muck with our waders.

Might head to the Susquehanna this weekend. Last one till the 26th.

Spence
obageegee
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting