I need some help finding a new dog

This forum is where New Mexico duck hunting is discussed. Read others posts and share your thoughts here.

Moderators: randy marci, quackadikt, ghostingrey

I need some help finding a new dog

Postby duckslayer89 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:52 pm

If you have any suggestions on a kennel for me please tell me cuz i have to retire my dog this year cuz she has carteracts and she is just getting to old. I want another lab.
Thank you,
duckslayer89
DuCkSlAyEr
duckslayer89
hunter

Postby waterfowler82 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:38 am

Good luck to you on finding a new pup. I have had two labs in about 3 years. The first was a yellow male whose great-grandparent was a Canadian field trial champion or something like that, and I trained the hell out of. He would handle very well and do 100 yard blind retrieves at 9 months old, the bad part was that he didn't seem to use his nose as much as he should and was EXTREMELY destructive. I know that young labs are hell on four paws, but I think this dog had a chemical imbalance. When we arrived at Holloman I bought a black female lab out of the paper and have actually been somewhat negligent in her training, but she has incredible instincts and will to please. So if you get anything from my experience, nature is just as important as nature.
waterfowler82
hunter

duckslayer89

Postby New Mexico » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:17 pm

I looked for a long time for a breeder. I found a place in Albuquerque.
I wanted some one in state.
New Mexican Kennels has been breeding labs for over thirty years.
I prchased my lab from them and have been more then happy. What was even better I'm also haveing them trained there also.
You can contact Juxi Burr there and the trainer is Sonya Hutchason. She can also be contacted there. I have been very happy with them both.
New Mexico
Newb

Return to New Mexico Duck Hunting