NW PA Hunting, lakes permitted ?

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

NW PA Hunting, lakes permitted ?

Postby BootsUpDucks2121 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:12 pm

Hello out there hoping that everyone is getting amped up for duck season ! On the few hours I get away from reading EKG's I like to do a little bit of scouting. I am originally from Michigan but have been in Erie for 2 years now. It's been difficult for me to figure out the rules in this state as far as hunting inland lakes. I originally thought of hunting Presque Isle but do not have the needed equipment or time to build the needed blind at the park. Instead I have been looking into hunting some of the smaller inland lakes in the area. Does anyone know if Lake Le Boeuf or Edinboro Lake are open to hunting ? I haven't been able to find any info on this. If so would hunting out of a kayak be amenable to this ? I do a majority of my duck hunting out this but was unsure how far from entry points I would have to go in order to reach areas that are open to hunting (if any at all).Any info would be great. Don't want any scouting info, I do that myself. Just don't want to spend my scouting time looking at lakes that are off limits ! Thanks y'all.
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes"
BootsUpDucks2121
hunter

Re: NW PA Hunting, lakes permitted ?

Postby Boatman » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:34 am

If the lake has a fish and boat commission access area call them,most all there land is huntable,if not call the local game warden.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby Boatman » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:48 am

Google is your friend,It's what I call internet scouting,call here and ask.

Edinboro Lake Resort | Quality Family Fun Vacations | Edinboro ...

www.edinborolakeresort.com/

Edinboro Pennsylvania Lake Resort Restaurant Hotel Motel Lodging Camping Cabins Family Vacation Boats Travel Fishing.

16 Google reviews · Write a review

12690 Edinboro Rd Edinboro, PA 16412
(814) 434-3307

‎Rates - ‎Boating - ‎Reserve - ‎Edinboro Lake Resort
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby fultz_danNWPA » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:03 am

You can hunt both lakes, just need to maintain the safety zone to dwellings of 500 ft. Good luck
fultz_danNWPA
hunter

Postby BootsUpDucks2121 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Thanks very much fellas, I had gone to the Edinboro town website and found no mention of anything. Only certain news articles talking about a special goose season to get rid of all the bird Sh*t in the lake haha
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes"
BootsUpDucks2121
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting