Kerrobert/Unity area Help

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Kerrobert/Unity area Help

Postby bullsprig2 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:00 pm

I am heading up Oct. 12th and will be hunting 7-10 days. I am freelancing with my son. I was originally looking at Alberta but switched gears. I am planning to hunt in the area of Kerrobert north to Unity. Was going to stay in Kerrobert but the reviews on the motel there were tough. Staying in Unity now. I will have equiptment for both duck and geese, field and water. If anyone could give me a bit of advice that would be great. I must say that this board has very helpful people. When I was originally looking at Alberta I was immediately contacted by PM and received great advice and tips. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
bullsprig2
hunter

Re: Kerrobert/Unity area Help

Postby REM1100 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:19 am

Kerrobert and Unity are good areas to hunt on the same flight path as Kindersley, years ago I checked a guides website out of that area, however I feel that the birds up north move about 100 miles south per week and you will see a decline in some snows and lessors but an increase in Canada and Mallard ducks. I am going to the Q Lakes at that time and I feel I am going to miss out on the sandhill cranes. It will not be the date I chose but my son could only get that time frame. It will be the first time I have been going that late usually I go one week earlier at the peak of the migration for the snows when the weather is just cool with frost but by the 2nd week it is going to be miserably cold and tough conditions perhaps some snow and ice on small ponds. Kerrobert has the Wild Goose Motel so that area has some goose activity.
Best wishes for a successful safe hunt.
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Postby 3200 man » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:34 am

For me , hunting around Paradise Hill was the most productive with Big Birds and Mallards . After trying different areas
both north and south in Saskatoon , being farther northwest proved to be better for Me !
3200 man
hunter

Postby bobalong » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:39 pm

My wife just went down from Kerrobert down through Kindersley on Saturday on her way to Kyle. I was hunting down home in Alberta but I talked to her on Saturday night and she said there were "thousands" of birds between Kindersley and Kerrobert. She is from the Kyle area so is used to seeing lots of birds but said it was crazy the amount of birds, that were in that area.
bobalong
hunter

Postby Albifrons10 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Just got back from Unity. Just remnant flocks between Unity and Kerrobert remain. Very disappointing! If possible look to work the Kindersley area and south. There were decent numbers of snows in the Rosetown area.
Albifrons10
Newb

Postby bullsprig2 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:21 pm

Thank you. I was worrying about that. Just a longer drive each day from hotel. I will get up the Sunday the 13th and start looking, hopefully hunt first day Monday afternoon.
bullsprig2
hunter

Return to Canada Duck Hunting