sad state of affairs

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

sad state of affairs

Postby towgunner » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:01 pm

Story in the LVRJ had a couple of pictures of interest (story is irrelevant): :eek:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/business/e ... omic-boost

These just make me shake my head, looks horrible guys, is it really that bad or a gamed photo angle for sensationalism? (because it's well done) :crying:
towgunner
hunter

Re: sad state of affairs

Postby DuckManWest » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Yes, that bad.
Bad drought up here.
DuckManWest
DuckManWest
hunter

Postby SIL3NT T3 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:36 pm

People that haven't gotten out and scouted I don't think really knows just how dire it is. Kinda interested in the comments coming back from the youth hunt out at greenhead. when I was out there 3 weeks ago sprig was the only water and it wasn't really what I would consider good more like bad. Another comment today from guy who googled Carson River and said there was water to my knowledge google is by far real time although I haven't been southwest on the Carson I am sure it is as close to dry if not as dry as you can get. So I can only speak for the Carson from Dayton on down. One wierd note is that the truckee watershed from the creek by SPPC is flowing a good as I have ever seen it flow. That tells me the mountains got good saturation so hopefully a good wet winter will get the rivers flowing. The ducks will still come they won't stay as long they will run at first sight of pressure but people that want to hunt and put in time will do ok. I really think this wet summer has helped the upland situation though I have seen tons of signs of late hatches so even though the forecast isn't good I think that upland will be better than expected
SIL3NT T3
hunter

Postby Old Duck Getter » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Like I sadi before, I've never seen Lahontan this low. There are tree stumps that I didn't know were there. Got them maked on the GPS thou.

old duck
Old Duck Getter
State Moderator

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting