Reservations are out

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Re: Reservations are out

Postby MODAKR » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Just took a quick look at the stats for this years draw.... About 27,000 applicants for about 5000 reservations. So it's pretty simple, 22,000 of us don't get drawn. And when you get drawn for 3 years in a row like I did you start to expect it but the reality is, that is a lucky streak even if they all were BK Leach!
MODAKR
hunter

Postby swampchicken » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:23 pm

10/30 Grove
11/10 Brown
11/15 Shell
11/29 Brown
12/1 Grove
12/10 Shell
12/11 Grove
12/28 Shell
12/28 Shell

And had a few numbers I put in that didn't get drawn.
swampchicken
hunter

Postby mjcraig15 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:49 pm

kingbob04 wrote:I got one for ted shanks. anybody know how bad the damage is up there. Online doesn't make it sound to good.

Had a buddy that went by there in august. Said it was pretty bad. Mostly mudflats and no food. Heard the south end may not open. Call up and talk to someone. They usually are pretty responsive.
mjcraig15
hunter

Postby Zoo Guy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:28 pm

My buddy and I both got Schell on two consecutive days, middle of December. Neither of us have been there, but gonna have to find a hotel to save the drive two mornings.
First available day, third choice of area
Zoo Guy
hunter

Postby talltimber » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:21 am

870shooter wrote:I put in my son, myself and one of my son's friends. My son's buddy got drawn for 11/10 at Duck Creek. I guess 1 out of 3 aint too bad. The first 6 years I duck hunted I got drawn every year. Now nothing for 3 years in a row. I guess I used up all my luck. :sad:

Someone else I know who I will not name got drawn for Duck Creek on Christmas Eve.

My buddy said we got drawn for Christmas Day! He doesn't want anyone to know he actually put in for a reservation though, so don't tell anyone!
talltimber
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:39 am

I put in for a specific date. I will be deployed until right before Christmas, so I will miss most of the season. I somehow still got drawn. I can't believe only 5k out of 27k get drawn. I had no idea it was that bad of odds. I feel super lucky now.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:09 am

Yeah I didn't realize that was the odds either. I choose a specific date for each of mine, and got pulled for my first choice, lotto ticket time I guess.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby 870shooter » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:10 pm

talltimber wrote:My buddy said we got drawn for Christmas Day! He doesn't want anyone to know he actually put in for a reservation though, so don't tell anyone!

Christmas Day! Awesome! Why I would be willing to bet you will be able to go whatever spot you want to. Almost like you will have the whole CA all to yourself. :grooving: Just be careful and don't get caught! :eek:
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby 870shooter » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:14 pm

:sarcmark: Oh yea, I lied in my earlier post. Of the 28 reservations I applied for I got drawn 25 times. :grooving: :clapping:

I can't post all the dates because my hands would cramp up from all the typing. :eek:

I probably won't even use most of them cause I don't rely on the Conservation Areas for my hunting, I will spend most of my time hunting in all the really good places in states south of here. :rolleyes: :sarcmark:
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby B.E.Nelli » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:00 pm

870shooter wrote:
talltimber wrote:My buddy said we got drawn for Christmas Day! He doesn't want anyone to know he actually put in for a reservation though, so don't tell anyone!

Christmas Day! Awesome! Why I would be willing to bet you will be able to go whatever spot you want to. Almost like you will have the whole CA all to yourself. :grooving: Just be careful and don't get caught! :eek:

I had a similar train of thought a few years ago. and couldn't have been more wrong. Apparently there are a lot of people who don't give 2 craps about missing Christmas morning with their fam. There were more people there than most any other day I've been to GP.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby iamduckhead » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:27 pm

:huh: I don't know about grand pass, but places on the east side are closed on Christmas day. maybe they changed this year or my memory is really starting to go. :help:
iamduckhead
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:25 pm

iamduckhead wrote::huh: I don't know about grand pass, but places on the east side are closed on Christmas day. maybe they changed this year or my memory is really starting to go. :help:

All of the draw areas, and the three QD areas, are closed on Christmas day. :thumbsup:
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby B.E.Nelli » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:30 pm

iamduckhead wrote::huh: I don't know about grand pass, but places on the east side are closed on Christmas day. maybe they changed this year or my memory is really starting to go. :help:

Sorry, this was on thanksgiving at GP. But my train of thought was the same. Holiday morning, everyone will be home with family. I was definitely wrong.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby sehunter1 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:29 am

Thanksgiving day is a three ring circus at duck parks! I try to jump in with a buddy and hunt private on holiday weeks.
sehunter1
hunter

Postby BigAL64 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:04 pm

870shooter wrote::sarcmark: Oh yea, I lied in my earlier post. Of the 28 reservations I applied for I got drawn 25 times. :grooving: :clapping:

I can't post all the dates because my hands would cramp up from all the typing. :eek:

I probably won't even use most of them cause I don't rely on the Conservation Areas for my hunting, I will spend most of my time hunting in all the really good places in states south of here. :rolleyes: :sarcmark:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did Moneymaker hack your computer???? :lol3: :lol3:
BigAL64
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:52 pm

irs time ever put in, got a unt in deember atduck creek, on a Saturday! YAY!!! lol :thumbsup:
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:16 am

CUT'EM ALL JACK wrote:irs time ever put in, got a unt in deember atduck creek, on a Saturday! YAY!!! lol :thumbsup:

I ink urr cell signal ay be weak. :wink:
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby satguy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:05 am

870shooter wrote:
CUT'EM ALL JACK wrote:irs time ever put in, got a unt in deember atduck creek, on a Saturday! YAY!!! lol :thumbsup:

I ink urr cell signal ay be weak. :wink:

Lol! I read this and got a good laugh.
Phowler Extreme 1856
Prodrive 36hp
Avery Quickset blind

If it ain't broke don't fix it
satguy
hunter

Postby swampcrawler » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:23 pm

870 was talking about me on xmas eve at dc.Got a friend got dc also ,plus another friend and his boy got tmp for 2 days :clapping: :clapping:
swampcrawler
hunter

Previous

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting