Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby luie b » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:23 pm

Heard this from an old guy the other day and am wondering if it would work. I'm trying to section off 2 acres of our pasture so I can put a dove field in next year but I don't want the cows screwin around in it. So I got some old electric fence posts I'm not using so I was thinking about putting a double wire around it. But I don't have a good charger I can use so this old guy told me to take a car battery with jumper cables and hook one end to the battery and the other ends to the fence. Anyone do this before I try it and shock myself? :lol3:
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 11
User avatar
luie b
hunter
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Western Illinois (Hancock County)


Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby t_baker » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:26 pm

Its only gonna be 12 volts. Not gonna hurt.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 7680
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby aunt betty » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:34 pm

t_baker wrote:Its only gonna be 12 volts. Not gonna hurt.

There was an electronics technician that said exactly that in front of his boss...my father.
"Its only 12 volts. Not hunna hurt me".
So he set up a 12v power supply, grounded the kid real good, and connected him up.
Dad said, "tell me to stop when it hurts".
He only made it to 1.8 volts before the kid started bawling.
I will never forget that day...ever. :yes:
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
User avatar
aunt betty
hunter
 
Posts: 10942
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Location: Go HOGS!

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby WoodyWhiffingMG » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:39 pm

luie b wrote:Heard this from an old guy the other day and am wondering if it would work. I'm trying to section off 2 acres of our pasture so I can put a dove field in next year but I don't want the cows screwin around in it. So I got some old electric fence posts I'm not using so I was thinking about putting a double wire around it. But I don't have a good charger I can use so this old guy told me to take a car battery with jumper cables and hook one end to the battery and the other ends to the fence. Anyone do this before I try it and shock myself? :lol3:



No I don't think so, electric fences ground to the earth and have power supply from both ends. The way you are thinking would just be a constant short and there would be no reason for the electricity to flow through your body.
There are only two types of people in the world, those who love duck hunting and those who never have duck hunted.
User avatar
WoodyWhiffingMG
hunter
 
Posts: 8224
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:30 pm
Location: Back in SW MICHIGAN

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby La. Hunter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:17 pm

You can buy a decent fence charger for about 25 bucks. You'll have to weatherproof it though.
User avatar
La. Hunter
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5808
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Northeast Louisiana

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby rank duck » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:44 pm

Everything you need to know about electric fences. http://www.afence.com/Electric_Fence/how_to_elecfence/elecinstall.htm
- THIS SPACE FOR RENT -
User avatar
rank duck
hunter
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:38 am
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby AKWoody » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:50 pm

t_baker wrote:Its only gonna be 12 volts. Not gonna hurt.


Most portable bear fences run off a 9 volt battery. 12 volts will knock your d**k in the dirt!
AKWoody
hunter
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby Cujo1 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:58 pm

AKWoody wrote:
t_baker wrote:Its only gonna be 12 volts. Not gonna hurt.


Most portable bear fences run off a 9 volt battery. 12 volts will knock your d**k in the dirt!

We had a 12 volt operated fence charger for the horses. SImple and easy, just hook to a good car battery. It will flat lay a person out! The worst I ever got shocked was when I was working on a car. Radio didn't work, pulled the radio to test for power and ground. Hot/sweaty grabbed the metal radio chassis and it lit me up! It finally fell off my hands and the lights in my head stopped flashing. Way worse than any spark plug wire or 110! I have absorbed both, but that radio, wow!
All turkeys must die!


bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
User avatar
Cujo1
hunter
 
Posts: 6540
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby luie b » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Well I might look into getting another charger. We had one back closer to the house back when we had our own cattle but it won't reach this far anyway. Now we just let our neighbor put his cows in our pasture. I'm starting to rethink the car battery idea, may be a little strong but it'll keep them dang cows out though!
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 11
User avatar
luie b
hunter
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Western Illinois (Hancock County)

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby Cujo1 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:09 pm

luie b wrote:Well I might look into getting another charger. We had one back closer to the house back when we had our own cattle but it won't reach this far anyway. Now we just let our neighbor put his cows in our pasture. I'm starting to rethink the car battery idea, may be a little strong but it'll keep them dang cows out though!

The 12 volt fence charger works off of a 12 volt battery so you can put the charger anywhere. We just brought the battery in and recharged it about once a month.
All turkeys must die!


bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
User avatar
Cujo1
hunter
 
Posts: 6540
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby assateague » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Don't, do not, under any circumstances, buy one of those solar charges. They aren't worth a crap.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby deliriousII » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:51 am

Taken from another site....long but hilarious

Some of you here already know this story, but i thought it would be a good idea to get it in type.

The setting
We have the standard 6ft. wood privacy fence in the backyard. Years ago, i woke up one morning with my neighbors dog in my yard and our dogs in the neighbors yard. Seems they both dug under from either side and met in the middle.

To make sure this never happened again, i got an electric fence and ran a single wire along the bottom. Actually, i did it pirate style and overkilled it. I got the biggest cattle charger Tractor Supply had, made for i think 6 miles of fence. I then used an 8 ft. long ground round, drove 7.5 feet into the ground. The ground rod is the key. The more you have in the ground, the better the fence works.

One day im mowing the back yard- cheapo walmart 6hp bigwheel pushmower. The wire is broken and laying out in the yard. I know for a fact that i unplugged the charger. I pushed the mower around the wire and reached down to grab it as to throw it out of the way. It seems as though didnt unplug it.

Now im standing there, ive got the running lawnmower in my right hand and the 1.7 gigavolt fencewire in the other hand. Keep in mind the charger is about the size of a marine battery and has a picture of an upside down cow on fire on the cover. Time stood still. The first thing i notice is my balls trying to climb up the front side of my body. My ears curled downwards and i could feel the lawnmower ignition firing in the backside of my brain. Every time that fawking Briggs & Stratton rolled over, i could feel the spark in my head. I was literally at one with the engine. It seems as though the fence charger and the POS lawnmower were fighting over who would control my electrical impulses.

Science says you cannot crap, piss, and nut at the same time. I beg to differ. Not only did i do all three at once, but my bowels emptied 3 different times in less than half of a second. It was a Matrix kind of bowel movement... you know where time is creeping along and you're all leaned back and BAM BAM BAM you just crap your pants 3 times. It seemed like there were minutes in between but in reality it was so close together it was like exhaust pulses from a big block chevy turning 8 grand.

At this point im about 30 minutes (maybe 2 seconds) into holding onto the fencewire. My hand is wraped around the wire palm down so i cant let go. I grew up on a farm so i know all about electric fences... but dad always had those POS chargers made by International or whoever that were like 9 volts and just kinda tickled. This i could not let go of. The 8 foot long ground rod is now accepting signals from me through the permadamp Ark-La-Tex river bottom soil. At this point im thinking im going to have to just man up and take it until the lawnmower runs out of gas. "****!" i think as i remember i just filled the tank. Now the lawnmower is starting to run rough. It has settled into a loping run pattern as if it had some kind of big lawnmower race cam in it. Covered in crap, piss, jizz and with my balls on my chest i think "oh God please die... pleeeeze die". But no, it settles into the rough lumpy cam ilde nicely and remains there, like a big bore roller cam EFI motor waiting for the go command from its owner's right foot.

So here i am in the middle of July, 104 degrees, 80% humidity, standing in my own backyard begging God to kill me. No really. I actually asked to God to take me. Yes, im agnostic, but as we all know in times like these the agnostic/atheistic crowd will eventually resort to admitting there is a higher power, and then beg said higher power to do their bidding. God did not take me that day... he left me there covered in my own fluids to writhe in the misery my own stupidity had created.

I honestly dont know how i got loose from the wire... i woke up laying on the ground hours later. The lawnmower was beside me, out of gas. It was later on in the day and i was sunburned. There were two large dead grass spots where i had been standing, and then another long skinny dead spot were the wire had layed while i was on the ground still holding on to it. I assume i finally had a seizure and in the resulting thrashing had somehow let go of the wire. Upon waking from my electrically enduced sleep i realized a few things.

1- Three of my teeth seem to have melted

2- I now have cramps in the bottoms of my feet and my right ass cheek (not the left, the right)

3- crap, piss, and semen when all mixed together do not smell as bad as you would think

4- My left eye will not open

5- My right eye will not close

6- The lawnmower runs like a sumnabitch now. Seriously. I think our little session cleared out some carbon fouling or something, because it was better than new after that

7- My balls are still smaller than average yet they are 2ft. long

8- I can turn on the TV in the gameroom by farting while thinking of the number 4 (still dont understand this)



That day changed my life. I now have a newfound respect for things. I appreciate the little things more, and i now always check to make sure the fence is unplugged before i mow.
quack addict
User avatar
deliriousII
hunter
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:42 pm
Location: St. Rose, LA

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby Cujo1 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:12 pm

That always gets me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All turkeys must die!


bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
User avatar
Cujo1
hunter
 
Posts: 6540
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:34 pm

Got dang! Laughed till I cried! Never read before. Thx
User avatar
Anoldhuntersc
hunter
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:41 pm

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby TnDude85 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:47 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I've never seen that before. Haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
TnDude85
hunter
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:47 pm
Location: Memphis, TN Area

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby luie b » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:16 pm

deliriousII wrote:Taken from another site....long but hilarious

Some of you here already know this story, but i thought it would be a good idea to get it in type.

The setting
We have the standard 6ft. wood privacy fence in the backyard. Years ago, i woke up one morning with my neighbors dog in my yard and our dogs in the neighbors yard. Seems they both dug under from either side and met in the middle.

To make sure this never happened again, i got an electric fence and ran a single wire along the bottom. Actually, i did it pirate style and overkilled it. I got the biggest cattle charger Tractor Supply had, made for i think 6 miles of fence. I then used an 8 ft. long ground round, drove 7.5 feet into the ground. The ground rod is the key. The more you have in the ground, the better the fence works.

One day im mowing the back yard- cheapo walmart 6hp bigwheel pushmower. The wire is broken and laying out in the yard. I know for a fact that i unplugged the charger. I pushed the mower around the wire and reached down to grab it as to throw it out of the way. It seems as though didnt unplug it.

Now im standing there, ive got the running lawnmower in my right hand and the 1.7 gigavolt fencewire in the other hand. Keep in mind the charger is about the size of a marine battery and has a picture of an upside down cow on fire on the cover. Time stood still. The first thing i notice is my balls trying to climb up the front side of my body. My ears curled downwards and i could feel the lawnmower ignition firing in the backside of my brain. Every time that fawking Briggs & Stratton rolled over, i could feel the spark in my head. I was literally at one with the engine. It seems as though the fence charger and the POS lawnmower were fighting over who would control my electrical impulses.

Science says you cannot crap, piss, and nut at the same time. I beg to differ. Not only did i do all three at once, but my bowels emptied 3 different times in less than half of a second. It was a Matrix kind of bowel movement... you know where time is creeping along and you're all leaned back and BAM BAM BAM you just crap your pants 3 times. It seemed like there were minutes in between but in reality it was so close together it was like exhaust pulses from a big block chevy turning 8 grand.

At this point im about 30 minutes (maybe 2 seconds) into holding onto the fencewire. My hand is wraped around the wire palm down so i cant let go. I grew up on a farm so i know all about electric fences... but dad always had those POS chargers made by International or whoever that were like 9 volts and just kinda tickled. This i could not let go of. The 8 foot long ground rod is now accepting signals from me through the permadamp Ark-La-Tex river bottom soil. At this point im thinking im going to have to just man up and take it until the lawnmower runs out of gas. "****!" i think as i remember i just filled the tank. Now the lawnmower is starting to run rough. It has settled into a loping run pattern as if it had some kind of big lawnmower race cam in it. Covered in crap, piss, jizz and with my balls on my chest i think "oh God please die... pleeeeze die". But no, it settles into the rough lumpy cam ilde nicely and remains there, like a big bore roller cam EFI motor waiting for the go command from its owner's right foot.

So here i am in the middle of July, 104 degrees, 80% humidity, standing in my own backyard begging God to kill me. No really. I actually asked to God to take me. Yes, im agnostic, but as we all know in times like these the agnostic/atheistic crowd will eventually resort to admitting there is a higher power, and then beg said higher power to do their bidding. God did not take me that day... he left me there covered in my own fluids to writhe in the misery my own stupidity had created.

I honestly dont know how i got loose from the wire... i woke up laying on the ground hours later. The lawnmower was beside me, out of gas. It was later on in the day and i was sunburned. There were two large dead grass spots where i had been standing, and then another long skinny dead spot were the wire had layed while i was on the ground still holding on to it. I assume i finally had a seizure and in the resulting thrashing had somehow let go of the wire. Upon waking from my electrically enduced sleep i realized a few things.

1- Three of my teeth seem to have melted

2- I now have cramps in the bottoms of my feet and my right ass cheek (not the left, the right)

3- crap, piss, and semen when all mixed together do not smell as bad as you would think

4- My left eye will not open

5- My right eye will not close

6- The lawnmower runs like a sumnabitch now. Seriously. I think our little session cleared out some carbon fouling or something, because it was better than new after that

7- My balls are still smaller than average yet they are 2ft. long

8- I can turn on the TV in the gameroom by farting while thinking of the number 4 (still dont understand this)



That day changed my life. I now have a newfound respect for things. I appreciate the little things more, and i now always check to make sure the fence is unplugged before i mow.
so did ya keep the pants after ya crapped in them?
**2014-2015 Illinois Waterfowl Season**
Blue-winged teal - 11
User avatar
luie b
hunter
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Western Illinois (Hancock County)

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby La. Hunter » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:39 pm

deliriousII wrote:Taken from another site....long but hilarious

Some of you here already know this story, but i thought it would be a good idea to get it in type.

The setting
We have the standard 6ft. wood privacy fence in the backyard. Years ago, i woke up one morning with my neighbors dog in my yard and our dogs in the neighbors yard. Seems they both dug under from either side and met in the middle.

To make sure this never happened again, i got an electric fence and ran a single wire along the bottom. Actually, i did it pirate style and overkilled it. I got the biggest cattle charger Tractor Supply had, made for i think 6 miles of fence. I then used an 8 ft. long ground round, drove 7.5 feet into the ground. The ground rod is the key. The more you have in the ground, the better the fence works.

One day im mowing the back yard- cheapo walmart 6hp bigwheel pushmower. The wire is broken and laying out in the yard. I know for a fact that i unplugged the charger. I pushed the mower around the wire and reached down to grab it as to throw it out of the way. It seems as though didnt unplug it.

Now im standing there, ive got the running lawnmower in my right hand and the 1.7 gigavolt fencewire in the other hand. Keep in mind the charger is about the size of a marine battery and has a picture of an upside down cow on fire on the cover. Time stood still. The first thing i notice is my balls trying to climb up the front side of my body. My ears curled downwards and i could feel the lawnmower ignition firing in the backside of my brain. Every time that fawking Briggs & Stratton rolled over, i could feel the spark in my head. I was literally at one with the engine. It seems as though the fence charger and the POS lawnmower were fighting over who would control my electrical impulses.

Science says you cannot crap, piss, and nut at the same time. I beg to differ. Not only did i do all three at once, but my bowels emptied 3 different times in less than half of a second. It was a Matrix kind of bowel movement... you know where time is creeping along and you're all leaned back and BAM BAM BAM you just crap your pants 3 times. It seemed like there were minutes in between but in reality it was so close together it was like exhaust pulses from a big block chevy turning 8 grand.

At this point im about 30 minutes (maybe 2 seconds) into holding onto the fencewire. My hand is wraped around the wire palm down so i cant let go. I grew up on a farm so i know all about electric fences... but dad always had those POS chargers made by International or whoever that were like 9 volts and just kinda tickled. This i could not let go of. The 8 foot long ground rod is now accepting signals from me through the permadamp Ark-La-Tex river bottom soil. At this point im thinking im going to have to just man up and take it until the lawnmower runs out of gas. "****!" i think as i remember i just filled the tank. Now the lawnmower is starting to run rough. It has settled into a loping run pattern as if it had some kind of big lawnmower race cam in it. Covered in crap, piss, jizz and with my balls on my chest i think "oh God please die... pleeeeze die". But no, it settles into the rough lumpy cam ilde nicely and remains there, like a big bore roller cam EFI motor waiting for the go command from its owner's right foot.

So here i am in the middle of July, 104 degrees, 80% humidity, standing in my own backyard begging God to kill me. No really. I actually asked to God to take me. Yes, im agnostic, but as we all know in times like these the agnostic/atheistic crowd will eventually resort to admitting there is a higher power, and then beg said higher power to do their bidding. God did not take me that day... he left me there covered in my own fluids to writhe in the misery my own stupidity had created.

I honestly dont know how i got loose from the wire... i woke up laying on the ground hours later. The lawnmower was beside me, out of gas. It was later on in the day and i was sunburned. There were two large dead grass spots where i had been standing, and then another long skinny dead spot were the wire had layed while i was on the ground still holding on to it. I assume i finally had a seizure and in the resulting thrashing had somehow let go of the wire. Upon waking from my electrically enduced sleep i realized a few things.

1- Three of my teeth seem to have melted

2- I now have cramps in the bottoms of my feet and my right ass cheek (not the left, the right)

3- crap, piss, and semen when all mixed together do not smell as bad as you would think

4- My left eye will not open

5- My right eye will not close

6- The lawnmower runs like a sumnabitch now. Seriously. I think our little session cleared out some carbon fouling or something, because it was better than new after that

7- My balls are still smaller than average yet they are 2ft. long

8- I can turn on the TV in the gameroom by farting while thinking of the number 4 (still dont understand this)



That day changed my life. I now have a newfound respect for things. I appreciate the little things more, and i now always check to make sure the fence is unplugged before i mow.



If there is anything to be learned from this story, it's don't by a multi mile charger for a couple hundred yard fence. Several years back, I was having trouble with dogs and cats getting into my garden so I went to the local hardware store and bought a 10 mile or so charger thinking it would be sufficient to keep any and all animals out. After I got the fence set up, I asked my step son to grab the tester out of my truck so we could test it. The tester consisted of the end that you hung on the wire and about a 6 inch metal rod you pushed into the ground for a ground. My step son, after not listening to me tell him to put the ground rod in the ground before hanging the tester on the wire, did it bass ackwards. As soon as he hung it on the wire and then grabbed the rod, it lit his world up. I jumped up to unplug the fence, but he decided it would be best to just hand me the rod so he could let go of it. When he attempted to hand it to me, it lit both of us up. Luckily I had already grabbed the cord and was about to unplug it so I was able to get it undone pretty quick. As soon as the power was off, we both collapsed onto the ground and couldn't move for awhile. Shortly after my bodily functions resumed, I was satisfied that the fence was definitely sufficient enough to stop any animal from getting into my garden, so I grabbed a beer and a lawn chair an sat back to see what happened when a cat or dog tried to go under it. After awhile of nothing happening, I went inside the house and had several more beer and forgot about the fence. A little later I had to let my Malinois out to take care of his business, and he headed straight for the fence. When he got to it, he sniffed it and then hiked his leg up on it. As soon as I realized what was happening, I screamed no to him as loud as I could, but it was too late. I could tell when the stream hit the wire because he nearly folded right there. It didn't take him but about a second or two to recover and he immediately bit the wire. He soon realized this wasn't real smart and nearly tore the fence down trying to let go. When he was finally able to let go, he bit it again! This time, when he attempted to pull away, he broke my connection at the box and he was able to walk away from it. He never went near my garden again though, but I did go ahead and leave the connection at the box loose in case another hard headed dog tried to bite it.
User avatar
La. Hunter
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5808
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Northeast Louisiana

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby ks_waterfowler » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:56 am

Guy at work had a mean ass Doberman that would get in his backyard. Not being bright he cut the end off an extension cord, hooked it to the fence, and plugged it in. When he came home from work the next day the dog was laying dead next to the fence.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
User avatar
ks_waterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 2187
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: T-Pain's Boat

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby T Man » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:05 am

luie b wrote:Heard this from an old guy the other day and am wondering if it would work. I'm trying to section off 2 acres of our pasture so I can put a dove field in next year but I don't want the cows screwin around in it. So I got some old electric fence posts I'm not using so I was thinking about putting a double wire around it. But I don't have a good charger I can use so this old guy told me to take a car battery with jumper cables and hook one end to the battery and the other ends to the fence. Anyone do this before I try it and shock myself? :lol3:


Just remember, to use a 2 wire setup and make sure you have no conductivity between the two wires, otherwise you are going to melt the battery.


Are your cattle hot wire trained? By that I mean, have they been around electric fences enough to know what they look like and steer clear of them? We used to make temporary enclosures for our horses by using hot wires and yellow insulators. The horses didnt know they werent electrified, and didnt care much to test it.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5714
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby deliriousII » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:23 am

Arnold and TnD...I still cant read that without busting a gut laughing

Luie...thankfully it was not myself who narrated this story...don't think I would have kept the pants tho
quack addict
User avatar
deliriousII
hunter
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:42 pm
Location: St. Rose, LA

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:00 am

ks_waterfowler wrote:Guy at work had a mean ass Doberman that would get in his backyard. Not being bright he cut the end off an extension cord, hooked it to the fence, and plugged it in. When he came home from work the next day the dog was laying dead next to the fence.


Problem solved! I would have just shot the Doberman and not bothered with the fence.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6535
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Ghetto Rigged Elecctric Fence

Postby Underradar » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:13 am

assateague wrote:Don't, do not, under any circumstances, buy one of those solar charges. They aren't worth a crap.

But, are they cheap?
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
User avatar
Underradar
hunter
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm
Location: Rut Coon, LA


Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: click, Crazy Matt, Google [Bot], Jcochran88, mjk and 38 guests