Alaska to Texas duck hunt

Hook up for a BLIND Date. Start swapping your hunting/fishing trips for more possibilities.

Moderator: AAR

Alaska to Texas duck hunt

Postby Alaskan Duckhunter » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:25 pm

I will be taking my dream trip this October, I am going to start hunting in Alaska and hunt the migration to Texas. I already have hunts lined up in Alaska, Saskatckewan, Manitoba,North Dakota, Minnesota and Arkansas. I am looking for hunts in the Yukon Territories, Alberta, Iowa, Missouri, Louisiana and Texas and depending if I have the time Nebraska, Kansas And Illinois. I will be traveling in a 28' trailer with my 2 year old black Lab "MAC". I have a bunch of freinds that say they will join me along the way so I need hunts for up to three people. I plan to start Oct I at Delta AK and plan to be out of Canada around the end of Oct depending on the birds. I will be willing to trade hunts in Alaska in 2006 for hunts in your State or Province. Our season starts September 1. Please let me know when the birds are usually in your area if you are interested. Thanks
Alaskan Duckhunter
Newb

Postby DUCKBAKER » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:57 pm

what species of duck do they have up there. and i am going to have a lease next season that you could hunt on in texas if your interested.
DUCKBAKER
hunter

Postby Alaskan Duckhunter » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:30 pm

Almost all types but lots of mallards, If you want to hunt the first part of Sept the birds haven't changed color yet. Lesser and Specs also available.
Alaskan Duckhunter
Newb

Postby DUCKBAKER » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:36 pm

how much would it cost? and how much would it cost to get there.
DUCKBAKER
hunter

Postby Alaskan Duckhunter » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:57 pm

The cost of the hunt would be minimal depending on when you came. Opening day Sept 1, 2006 will run around $400 for a three day hunt we would fly in to our duck shack or we would boat to another camp. those details can be worked out as we get closer. I might be able to get these hunts for free except food & drink. I am also a member of a goose hunting Club in Cold Bay out on the Alaska Peninsula great hunting but will run around $1000 to get there from Anchorage. Getting fron TX to AK shouldn't cost more than $600. What would the cost of your hunt be and when would be the best time to be there.
Alaskan Duckhunter
Newb

Postby DUCKBAKER » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:12 pm

our season is pretty long it depends on what you want to hunt. in the texas coast we dont get many mallards we mainly get redheads and pintail. for more information look at this website it has to do with the seasons.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/hunt/regs/2 ... l_listing/

for a guide i suggest blaike muirhead he is a great guide look him up on the computer. pm me for more info.
DUCKBAKER
hunter

Postby dukkilr6 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:04 pm

You are a lucky man! that is every waterfowler's dream hunting season. If you have spare time I may be able to line up something in minnesota. I have a friend who hunts nearly every day and can put us on birds at any time assuming they are around. Last season was terrible becuase the weather in canada was unseasonally warm which keeps the birds there longer. The birds came through and left within three or four days except for a few locals.
Good luck on your hunt and let me know if you want to line something up.

Chuck Caturia
dukkilr6
hunter

Postby DUCKBAKER » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:33 pm

did you look at blaike muirhead?i suggest you do his cast and blast special if you have the money and like fishing
DUCKBAKER
hunter

Postby Alaskan Duckhunter » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:26 am

I have hunted in the ST Cloud area a few time over by New London on Mud Lake, As I get my schedule set up I will cosntact you and see if our group can hook up. Thanks Mike

I can't find Blaik Muirhead on the net do you have an email address for him. Thanks Mike
Alaskan Duckhunter
Newb

Postby duckaholic_16p » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:03 pm

if your swinging thru central IL i could possibly put you on some birds. If your iterested let me know.
duckaholic_16p
hunter

Postby Alaskan Duckhunter » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:13 am

If there are ducks or geese there I can get there too, thanks for the offer, when would be the best time to plan for.
Alaskan Duckhunter
Newb

Postby duckcrazy » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:01 pm

That sounds awsome wish i could hunt with you.
If your going to make it to texas give me a yell.
We can put a hunt together and ill show you how it is to hunt down here.

Look forward to hereing more from you and about your trip. :thumbsup:
duckcrazy
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:53 pm

duckcrazy.......

I guarantee you will!

Alot of hunting magazines are probaly gunna feature that hunting journey! :salude:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:25 pm

The best time to be in Manitoba is the second or third week in october. The birds are feeding really heavy at this time of year. :thumbsup:

BTW, the non resident-non canadian season doesn't open untill sep.21 and goose hunting is morning only for non residents.
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Duck hunt in Washington

Postby mjlduckman » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:32 pm

Sounds like your going to have a full season. I see ya skipped Washinton, but if your interested in some coastal divers and maybe even a HQ. I could probably show ya around in Jan. It seems to be the best time of year around the Puget Sound. Drop me a line if interested. mjlduckman@yahoo.com :salude:
May the skies above you; be blackened with birds
mjlduckman
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:57 pm

If ya don't mind stoping in South Dakota i could put you on some duck, geese, and pheasants. You will have to check to see if the lottery is done with in SD for NR waterfowl and it cost ya 100 for 10 days. Just pm if interested
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby Gooseboy » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:11 pm

Want to add Oklahoma to your list?
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Return to Swap Hunt Forum