how much is my boat worth?

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

how much is my boat worth?

Postby motoman0120 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Im looking to sell my boat and not exactly sure what its worth. Its a 2001 16' xpress with interior lights and a 2006 35 horse mud buddy on it. Any help will be appreciated
Attachments
boat.jpg
boat.jpg (11.7 KiB) Viewed 953 times
motoman0120
Newb

Re: how much is my boat worth?

Postby motoman0120 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:25 pm

Really? Nobody?
motoman0120
Newb

Postby Blackcloud870 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:22 pm

motoman0120 wrote:Im looking to sell my boat and not exactly sure what its worth. Its a 2001 16' xpress with interior lights and a 2006 35 horse mud buddy on it. Any help will be appreciated

If it were new, I would say just shy of 10k. Not sure how many hours you have on the motor, or what condition the boat is in, but from what I can see, I'd say $3000-$4000 max. Figure you canlook atit as you're selling the motor, and throwing in the boat for free.
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
Blackcloud870
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:32 pm

for me the attachment wont open....so I am seeing a 1" long boat in a dimly lit photo!!!!!!!!!

the boat is camo, and 12 years old....its market is small... and seasonal.....the time of year the CONDITION and the location are the biggest factors for selling a BOAT...usually as black cloud says, the value is in the motor for older boats.... boat maybe $900 trailer $500 motor????? don't know mud motors...but I know they are way more valuable than comparable sized outboards.... check comparable craigslist ads in your state

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby T Man » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:40 pm

toolmaker wrote:for me the attachment wont open....so I am seeing a 1" long boat in a dimly lit photo!!!!!!!!!

the boat is camo, and 12 years old....its market is small... and seasonal.....the time of year the CONDITION and the location are the biggest factors for selling a BOAT...usually as black cloud says, the value is in the motor for older boats.... boat maybe $900 trailer $500 motor????? don't know mud motors...but I know they are way more valuable than comparable sized outboards.... check comparable craigslist ads in your state

the tool

Location also varies value tremendously.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby motoman0120 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Wow u guys are harsh lol. The boat looks brand new, it floats and it looks no different than a 2013 model. Trailer was just redone and i only used the boat about 12 times in the past five years. im not much of a water hunter, id rather hunt fields ,hence why im selling it. Oh btw, i live in wisconsin and just sold it for $6,200
motoman0120
Newb

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:45 pm

motoman0120 wrote:Wow u guys are harsh lol. The boat looks brand new, it floats and it looks no different than a 2013 model. Trailer was just redone and i only used the boat about 12 times in the past five years. im not much of a water hunter, id rather hunt fields ,hence why im selling it. Oh btw, i live in wisconsin and just sold it for $6,200

Sorry, but you came here for honest educated duck hunter feedback. You got it. I wouldn't have given a dollar over $4K. Why? I have about twenty listings of local comparables with asking price and the selling price. Again, location plays a factor. There was a completely restored '00 Express 18' with a 36HP muddy and a trailer completely restored that sold for $3,500. Believe it or not, your buyer could have bought a 2001 Sea Ark 2090 with a 115HP Merc for $3,300 more. Hmmm.

Oh, BTW :welcome: to the forum and great first impression.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby handyandy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Man I thought the prices given were pretty harsh too. I would have said around the 5k range for a fair price 4k for cheap presuming it runs fine and is in good shape. It's a little older but not much different than new ones so the condition plays a big part. I think you got a pretty good price for it. The prices others were throwing out seemed low to me if I could find boats like that for 3000 I would have bought it over mine. Paid 5k for a 06 excel with a 02 nissan 40hp outboard that had 42 hours on the engine when I got it. I thought I did alright not a smoking deal by any means but I didn't think it was bad compared to what people were asking for similar sized open layout tiller boats of other less built brands like tracker grizzly and what not.
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby T Man » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:43 pm

motoman0120 wrote:Wow u guys are harsh lol. The boat looks brand new,

You put a tiny picture, and asked for opinions, and now you are upset because of the answers you have gotten?

motoman0120 wrote:it floats and it looks no different than a 2013 model.

So does my 84 lowe.....is it worth 10k?

motoman0120 wrote:was just redone and i only used the boat about 12 times in the past five years.

What does "just re-done" mean? Boats dont have odometers either, so how many times you used it is inconsequential. Every year they pump out thousands of that exact same boat, so what is the point of paying a premium for a 5 year old boat?

motoman0120 wrote: i live in wisconsin and just sold it for $6,200

I'd say you got lucky. That is a 4-5k boat any day of the week in my neck of the woods.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby KillerKowalski » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:11 am

handyandy wrote:Man I thought the prices given were pretty harsh too. I would have said around the 5k range for a fair price 4k for cheap presuming it runs fine and is in good shape. It's a little older but not much different than new ones so the condition plays a big part. I think you got a pretty good price for it. The prices others were throwing out seemed low to me if I could find boats like that for 3000 I would have bought it over mine. Paid 5k for a 06 excel with a 02 nissan 40hp outboard that had 42 hours on the engine when I got it. I thought I did alright not a smoking deal by any means but I didn't think it was bad compared to what people were asking for similar sized open layout tiller boats of other less built brands like tracker grizzly and what not.

Problem is that the buyers set the selling price. You can ask for a price all day and not get any takers. I follow-up with sellers on a regular basis from CL and find that their asking price is somewhere $1,500-$2,000 above the selling price. One boat was $5K over. The seller's taxes were due the week after and needed the cash, but it still sold for what the buyer was willing to pay. It can be done in retail stores also. A fellow hunter purchased a brand new boat for a quarter of the asking price and I am not talking a 1232 either. I will always be a firm believer asking prices are garbage. This isn't Carmax.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby duck envy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:17 am

This post was pretty funny! He comes on here at 4pm, asks for help... half an hour later he whines that no one helps him... and 2.5 hours after that (when he doesn't like the prices stated here) the boat is supposedly sold for $6200!! He must be the best advertiser and salesman on Earth! Within the course of three hours, he priced it, listed it AND sold it. Yeehaw!! :bow:
duck envy
hunter

Postby threedogs » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:51 am

Too bad it's sold, I was going to offer 7500 for it.
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Postby threedogs » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:57 am

There's a van down the road with 2500 on the windshield. It's been there for a month. In that month its been coming down in price by $100 about every week. It's down to 2100 now. I figure it's worth 1500 at most . The market will set the price .
threedogs
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds