Well..ya got a game plan?

For information on local hunting and meet other hunters here in the Virginia duck hunting forum.

Moderators: swampbilly 1980, callncut, Ichabod97, fowl mouth

Re: Well..ya got a game plan?

Postby Trent_Rivers » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:53 am

Mickey D's chicken biscuit,hash brown, and a large sweet tea. [THUMBS UP SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
If at first you don't succeed, shoot again.
Trent_Rivers
hunter

Postby bay gunner » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:11 am

skydog wrote:
bay gunner wrote:If folks have to SPEND THE NIGHT in the marsh to hunt, then I feel sorry for them. PAWMA is the place I'm assuming, and the issue has arisen because of all the new duck hunters generated by the last decade of hunting TV and internet ads/forums. To think, hey that looks cool, I'm gonna be a duck hunter. I don't know anyone with land, I have no spots to hunt, I live in suburbia, but I am going to duck hunt. Kind of like deciding to be a big wave surfer, living in Kansas. Thus, you get people sleeping in the marsh. Ridiculous.

Getting pretty tired of the elitist attitude of some of you on here...yall need to find new things to worry about. Bashing someone (who isn't even a newcomer) for being too motivated to shoot a few birds?? Gimme a break. Yall worry about duck commander ruining the sport?? It takes a very unique kind of insanity to want to be a duck hunter (wake up in the freezing cold at 0'dark thirty, go broke on gas, gear, boats, etc.) and 99.99999% of the millions who watch those guys have no desire to do it so calm down.

Not all that worried about it, Skydog. Just talkin on these here interweb duck-talkin forums. That ok with you? I have all my own spots, blinds, and lands to hunt. My kids will have somewhere to hunt. Also, don't kid yourself, it doesn't take any kind of insanity or dedication to become a bad duck hunter. Its attractive and fairly easy to get into to nearly anyone and everyone. Just takes a little money from a decent job and your on the water huntin. I know because I work with tons of guys who have, all over the last ten years, (more like 2-3), decided they are master duck commanders. Only problem being that they all live in town, have no land, etc. So they all hunt public land, sleep in the marsh, run the roads at all hours of the night, encroach on private blinds, trespass, complain about "skybusters", (but then get mad if you tell them not to shoot mergansers and wait for a decent eating duck), etc.

I'm not bashing anyone for being motivated, just observing the obvious. The sport has seen a massive influx of new blood over the last few years, but no new influx of hunting territory or bird numbers. The hunting industry encourages people with no access to attempt a sport that requires access. Again, like deciding to be a snowboarder in Libya.

Anyways, rant over. I plan on having coffee and reheated Stingray's sweet potato biscuits on my 5 minute walk to the boat dock.
bay gunner
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:59 am

"The hunting industry encourages people with no access to attempt a sport that requires access. Again, like deciding to be a snowboarder in Libya" :clapping:

This is the most profoundly accurate statement I have seen on the DHC forums. Well, besides all the insults and name calling done to me. Most of those are accurate too.
BACK BAY/PUNGO LOCAL WANNABE
Back Bay Hazardous Sea Conditions Navigation Expert
Back Bay Entitlement & Anti Sunday hunting supporter
Moving to Front Royal, VA to be close to my friends
Don't Take My Blind Whiner/Complainer/Victim & Apparent Homo
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby Trent_Rivers » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:53 pm

I disagree. Public access is access. Just because I can not afford to own private land has no influence on whether I should be able to hunt or not. There are lots of ducks killed on public land and there is plenty more to be killed in years ahead.

Trent_Rivers
hunter

Postby Undrcoverrednek » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Trent_Rivers wrote:There are lots of ducks killed on public land and there is plenty more to be killed in years ahead.

Now there is some lifetime of VA public hunting experience right there!
swampbilly 1980 wrote:I'm a poor man, but I'd pay good money to taste some of that juicy white meat...
Undrcoverrednek
hunter

Postby Trent_Rivers » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Undrcoverrednek wrote:
Trent_Rivers wrote:There are lots of ducks killed on public land and there is plenty more to be killed in years ahead.

????

Trent_Rivers
hunter

Postby top o va » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:52 am

Trent_Rivers wrote:
Undrcoverrednek wrote:

????

You are from Arkansas is what I think he is getting at. He would like to know how you have done on public land in VA if I had to guess.
top o va
hunter

Postby Trent_Rivers » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:27 pm

Oh ok... I thought we were speaking generally about public land.

Trent_Rivers
hunter

Postby A5Gunner » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:25 pm

Trent_Rivers wrote:Oh ok... I thought we were speaking generally about public land.

And the answer would be? While you sertainly welcome here in the VA forum were you thinking you were in the AR forum or are you here visiting in the Old Dominion?
You ain't right.......kinda touched in the head.
A5Gunner
hunter

Postby Trent_Rivers » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Oh yeah I was thinking honey hole topic and hadn't really payed attention to the fact that it was Va. Wouldn't mind making a trip there to hunt some coastal marsh for a black duck. ( I think y'all have coastal marsh habitat)

Trent_Rivers
hunter

Previous

Return to Virginia Duck Hunting