Government Shut Down

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Government Shut Down

Postby Outonalimb » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Just seen this from the North Carolina Sportsman.http://www.northcarolinasportsman.com/details.php?id=3768. Here I was thinking this shutdown wouldn't mean much to me....little did I know. Anyone have plans get blown up because of this?
Outonalimb
hunter

Re: Government Shut Down

Postby NCfowl » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:51 pm

If M-skeet has less blinds being drawn, it'll be near impossible to get drawn.. :no:
NCfowl
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:16 pm

Nope, doesn't bother me one bit. Kind of sad when you realize how dependent we have become on the federal government, even when it comes to our recreation. Literally thousands apply for the federal "duck hunts". For those of you who have never been drawn to hunt one of these "hunts" you are in for a surprise. They start you off by taking your money, then making you listen to a lecture by some geek bureaucrat (that sneers at you like like you just stepped off the short bus) about what you can and can't do, where you can hunt, what time you can hunt, what time you have to stop, how many shells you can possess, and that they are "watching you" the whole time. :lol3:
Last edited by Dingbatter 2 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby hercdrvrwo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:21 pm

F'n BS man!! They work for us -- the one time of year I look forward to most. I didn't put in for any of these lands this yr, but if I did I would be one pissed off dood!

Sorry for all of you if it effects you.

Cheers
Herc
"Fly it like you stole it!"
hercdrvrwo
hunter

Postby Paul26 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Damn-----this year I applied for hunts at Mattamuskeet. Wonder if this will be fixed anytime soon.

Plenty of good hard working people at Lejeune and Cherry Pt (and everywhere else). What gets lost in all this is that there are families who will not be paid next payday because of these idiots in DC. It is beyond unsat.
Paul26
hunter

Postby Bloke » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:44 pm

I think they will come to some sort of aggreement before draw hunts at skeet. The question will be whether or not they get the draws completed in time due to not being at work. If they don't...I want my 5 bones back. :yes: I will hold my breath.

Also I believe that back pay will be given to the furloghed workers. I know that doesn't help for next week's bills, but at least they will get it back. It is ridiculous either way you look at it.
Make sure their toe nails are wet
Bloke
hunter

Postby NCfowl » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:34 pm

Did anybody get drawn for skeet or are they waiting on the gov.? :huh: Right now mine says not selected, just curious
NCfowl
hunter

Postby steve382003 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:10 pm

Mine also says NOT SELECTED, along wth 3 other guys I know that also say NOT SELECTED.
steve382003
hunter

Postby johnpaul » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:17 pm

mine and also 3 others of my buddys ALWAYS says NOT SELECTED as well. Its got to be rigged! lol

I got CC1 though and a week off than I had last year.

A buddy of mine has J morgan this year and the same spot as last 2 weeks off too.

Weird!
johnpaul
hunter

Postby Outonalimb » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:23 pm

Mine and another guy who applied says not selected. Got one permit in Jan. for Flat River Impoundment at Falls Lake.
Outonalimb
hunter

Postby Paul26 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Are you guys saying that my zero-for-five on Mattamuskeet permits might mean that they simply have not done ANY draws there yet?

I went one-for-five on the White Oak Impoundment, and the 4 dates I did not get say NOT SELECTED, exactly the same as all five Mattamuskett dates, so I am unsure.
Paul26
hunter

Postby Outonalimb » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Paul26 wrote:Are you guys saying that my zero-for-five on Mattamuskeet permits might mean that they simply have not done ANY draws there yet?

I went one-for-five on the White Oak Impoundment, and the 4 dates I did not get say NOT SELECTED, exactly the same as all five Mattamuskett dates, so I am unsure.

Nope, means you didn't get selected. Drawings are done. This morning if you looked it should have said drawing pending or something to that effect. Not selected means you just donated $5.00 to the state like the rest of us.
Outonalimb
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:28 am

My buddy got drawn for opening day! :thumbsup:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby ibedamn » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:24 am

My buddie called in a banded woodie we shot Wednesday and they said they couldn't tell him anything due to the government shut down. They did take all his info and said it would be sent to him sometime latter.
ibedamn
hunter

Postby chrmaxwell » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:15 pm

Bragg is still open only for hunting. No hunting class being taught until shutdown is over.
chrmaxwell
hunter

Postby Flightcanxledfowl » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:33 pm

johnpaul wrote:mine and also 3 others of my buddys ALWAYS says NOT SELECTED as well. Its got to be rigged! lol

I got CC1 though and a week off than I had last year.

A buddy of mine has J morgan this year and the same spot as last 2 weeks off too.

Weird!

The more post i see about people not getting selected at Matt. make me feel luckier and luckier! First year i drew for it and i got selected for the 7th-8th of january!
Flightcanxledfowl
hunter

Postby cut'um » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:36 pm

Chrmaxwell you might want to check again with the base. Camp Lejeune has shut down all hunting on the base.
cut'um
hunter

Postby Flightcanxledfowl » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Dingbatter 2 wrote:Nope, doesn't bother me one bit. Kind of sad when you realize how dependent we have become on the federal government, even when it comes to our recreation. Literally thousands apply for the federal "duck hunts". For those of you who have never been drawn to hunt one of these "hunts" you are in for a surprise. They start you off by taking your money, then making you listen to a lecture by some geek bureaucrat (that sneers at you like like you just stepped off the short bus) about what you can and can't do, where you can hunt, what time you can hunt, what time you have to stop, how many shells you can possess, and that they are "watching you" the whole time. :lol3:

I spent my last unemployment check paying $5 for a federal duck hunt!! And my last disability check on some waders!!
Flightcanxledfowl
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting