wma shutdowns?

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, brassass, greenster, whisperin' duck

wma shutdowns?

Postby rivershark » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:50 pm

ive just recently started paying attention to the shutdown deal on the news, yeah i know shame on me for not keeping up with current events, but i was curious how my duck hunting peers viewed this. do you expect it to cause any problems on our beloved wmas? i havent yet had a chance to talk to any officials over our state wmas myself. i was just curious how this situation would effect us that hunt on state lands. i was told that the biologists throughout arkansas were not working right now, fact or faked, i dunno. i was also told that a few of our state maintained lands recieve a good chunk of federal money, so does this mean the ones that use alot of federal cash are on hold? im very ignorant to the way this is going to play out and would love some insight.
i dont know who you are or where you're going, but its a race to get there!
there are 3 things that make or break a friendship: politics, religion and duck hunting
rivershark
hunter

Re: wma shutdowns?

Postby Trent_Rivers » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:01 am

I imagine the shut down will (hopefully) be settled within the next 4-5 days. The reality of so many people on furlough will put a lot of pressure on congress to take care of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
If at first you don't succeed, shoot again.
Trent_Rivers
hunter

Postby greenster » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:19 pm

All state owned lands are good to go. Wardens are out, NWR's maybe a little different story. our 1/8th Cent sales tax Does WORK..
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby rivershark » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:21 pm

yea i just read a big artical on the agfc website. so does that mean we still need a federal stamp? lol
i dont know who you are or where you're going, but its a race to get there!
there are 3 things that make or break a friendship: politics, religion and duck hunting
rivershark
hunter

Postby Landonmeeks23 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:20 am

I hope so. I already bought my fed stamp. And I like to hunt bald knob. I'm gonna be very upset if they shut that down!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Landonmeeks23
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:05 am

November 23 is a long way off. The stalemate will end by then imo.
Wait til November. Then start worrying.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting