Water at Mason Valley???

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

Water at Mason Valley???

Postby ChaseNCrooks » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:08 am

I was out there during dove season and there was no water in many of the ponds. Was wondering if it is any better now. Also what ever happened to the water report web page?? Hope all have a good season.
ChaseNCrooks
hunter

Re: Water at Mason Valley???

Postby Moose14 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:11 pm

It's horrible out there. Have you seen what's left of the walker river running through Yerington??? The guy that runs the place told my pops that it's pretty much going to stay that way for a while. Going out there this weekend to check it out.
Wader Up
Moose14
hunter

Postby DuckManWest » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:15 pm

Try and come out to the meet & Greet if you can make it on Saturday. I can talk Mason till your sick of hearing about it. We have been conducting prescribed burns out there this week. A big benefit for birds and hunters alike.
DuckManWest
DuckManWest
hunter

Postby ChaseNCrooks » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:23 am

I would head to the meet and greet but it's my anniversary and I have plans already. Thanks for the info. I think I'll head out there this weekend and see if the pond we normally hunt has water. If not I will scout out a new spot if there is water anywhere.
ChaseNCrooks
hunter

Postby blitzline » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:23 pm

The opener should be interesting. With barely any water at green head and mason and still water being closed its going to be a zoo.
blitzline
hunter

Postby ChaseNCrooks » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Was out Friday and still no water. This is bad. Saw very few ducks in ponds that had very little water. I guess we will see what the year brings. Didn't check N pond though. I'm sure it has a trickle.
ChaseNCrooks
hunter

Postby MuddyWaders » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:45 pm

Hello,
Any recent info on the water situation in Mason Valley. Want to make the long drive from Southern Nevada and dont want to waste time and money and the long drive if there is no water. If anyone could update this post it would be greatly appreciated.
Happy Hunting,
MuddyWaders
In the eyes of a tyrant the patriot is a terrorist...
We need to vote politicians who bribe voters out of office...
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory.. Aldo Gucci
MuddyWaders
hunter

Postby NVDuckHunter76 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:19 am

MuddyWaders wrote:Hello,
Any recent info on the water situation in Mason Valley. Want to make the long drive from Southern Nevada and dont want to waste time and money and the long drive if there is no water. If anyone could update this post it would be greatly appreciated.
Happy Hunting,
MuddyWaders

Was there for the opener. Not much water at all.. Personally, I would go elsewhere if you're gonna make a drive from Southern NV....
HUNTING THE WEST AND BEYOND!!!

Ducks Unlimited Member
Nevada Waterfowl Association Member
National Rifle Assocation Member
NVDuckHunter76
hunter

Postby MuddyWaders » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:19 am

Hello,
Thanks for the update. I know I maybe asking alot but if this post can be kept open with new info coming in from anyone who has been there and notices changes as far as the water issues go, it would be appreciated. A buddy has been up there before and has had good hunts. Any help or updated info would be great. Thank you to those who helped and replied.
Happy Hunting,
MuddyWaders
In the eyes of a tyrant the patriot is a terrorist...
We need to vote politicians who bribe voters out of office...
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory.. Aldo Gucci
MuddyWaders
hunter

Postby DuckManWest » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:30 am

That is along way to drive for a Mason hunt. It is a very bad water year on this end of the State. We have been in a drought for quite some time now.
I was out there the week of the opener. Very little water to be had. It was 75' degrees yesterday. No precipitatation. That being said, water will not change much IMO.
Your hunting there is probably better than here this year. If your bound and determined to make a trip this way, come on up and stay for awhile. Spend some money.Good for the economy around here!! :welcome:
DuckManWest
DuckManWest
hunter

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting