sniper price

From the .22 to the mighty 50 caliber

Moderator: fowl_wishes

sniper price

Postby redneck12350 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:14 am

hi yall i got a m-40 style sniper rifle made by a navy seal gun smith with a weaver t-16 scope, and its a 308. it has an extremly bold barrel, and it was made strictly for sniping commies and terrorists. It has the original metal SEAL case with sticker of proof. It wall custom made so we had to buy the bolt so that it was legal. it has the best bolt from a Remington 700.
how much would it be worth??
redneck12350
hunter

Re: sniper price

Postby redneck12350 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:55 pm

does anybody know how much it would be worth?
redneck12350
hunter

Postby :-) » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:11 pm

It's worth what someone's willing to pay. The thing with sniper rifles is that these days there are several brands that will get the job done.

A great example is the gun on top in the picture...that setup, Howa 308/Nikon Monarch 4X16X50, can be purchased for $1,200.00 +/- a few dollars. It's a proven gun, and you don't have the headache of a pieced together custom.

That's just my $.02. I'm not a gun freak, but a own a bunch of em, and love to shoot.
:-)
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:11 pm

no clue what a "extremely bold barrel" is.

please explain?
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
hunter

Postby reconcoupe » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:29 pm

redneck12350 wrote:hi yall i got a m-40 style sniper rifle made by a navy seal gun smith with a weaver t-16 scope, and its a 308. it has an extremly bold barrel, and it was made strictly for sniping commies and terrorists. It has the original metal SEAL case with sticker of proof. It wall custom made so we had to buy the bolt so that it was legal. it has the best bolt from a Remington 700.
how much would it be worth??

Wow, sorry for replying to an older post but...wow, are you trolling...Let me start....

Navy Seal gun smith- what do you mean by Navy Seal gun smith? Is he a retired operator, or are his rifles branded the same way special forces knifes are? And by that I mean with no relation what so ever. Has he made weapons that are sold to Navy Seals?

Bold barrel-see above

Made strictly for sniping commies and terrorists- 1 with out a bolt? and 2 Call of Duty much?

original metal SEAL case- no way manbrodude, like authentic made in china rifle case? I can tell you this, I have been to US Army sniper school, served as a line sniper and as a unit armorer, along with many other positions in the cav world, and every thing about your post tells me you bought some garbage rem 700 with a ghetto paint job from a pawn shop. Legit rifles from Rem are not delivered to units in some ridiculous metal case with a 'seal' or 'unit' sticker on it.

Custom made, so we had to buy the bolt- what does being custom made have to do with buying the bolt. Even thinking about it, maybe you were talking about FFL restrictions but even then, unless I'm mistaken, only the trigger groups applies to that situation.

You give very generic information. What kind of metal case, whats the stock or product number for the bolt, who is the actual manufacturer. Is it an M24 or M40 style bolt, IE long or short action? Barrel brand, stock brand ect.

Forgive me if this seems like I'm being an ass, but it seems like your trolling.
reconcoupe
hunter

Postby Freezer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:13 pm

"It wall custom made so we had to buy the bolt so that it was legal. it has the best bolt from a Remington 700."

nno!: A distance rifle custom built as a sniper weapon that didn't have a matching bolt :no:

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Do yourself a favor do some research before to spend you money. There is a lot of good information on "custom" rifles out there.
Freezer
hunter

Return to Rifle and Handgun forum