sniper price

Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays; pistol/rifle target shooting, to plinking cans with a bb gun.

Moderator: waterfowlhunter

sniper price

Postby redneck12350 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:15 am

hi yall i got a m-40 style sniper rifle made by a navy seal gun smith with a weaver t-16 scope, and its a 308. it has an extremly bold barrel, and it was made strictly for sniping commies and terrorists. It has the original metal SEAL case with sticker of proof. It wall custom made so we had to buy the bolt so that it was legal. it has the best bolt from a Remington 700.
how much would it be worth??
redneck12350
hunter

Re: sniper price

Postby redneck12350 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:56 pm

does anybody know how much it would be worth?
redneck12350
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:24 am

you would have to post pictures. and what stock is on it, What is the barrel length, How many rounds thru it, condition of finish on gun, what brand is the barrel? If it is just a modified rem 700 and in new condition it would be around $800 or so used with the scope. if you tried to trade it in to a dealer you are probably in the $500 Range.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby kcwellington » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:35 am

The m40 is the USMC version of sniper rifle.(in the right hands they are tack drivers out to a 1000yds) Currently they are using the M40 A5. IF it is a real m40 it will have a Bergara full float barrel. Probably a Mcmillan stock. IF IT IS A REAL M40, you are probably looking at $1000.00 - $1400.00. Would have to post pics. Can the guy who built it not tell you how much its worth? Any gunsmith I know can tell you what his guns are worth. Good luck. ONe more thing.You said you had to buy the bolt separate. Any real sniper rifle I've ever seen was a system in itself. By that I mean everything was made to work perfectly with everything else. In a sniper system,the rounds are made specifically for one rifle and that rifle only. Not sayin its not real but if the bolt was not made for that rifle, I would be careful how I described it. The tolerances are so tight between the lugs and the barrell that you dont just shut the bolt, You have to slam it shut. Its that tight! Good luck with it.
kcwellington
hunter

Return to Target Shooting