Good Gag

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

Good Gag

Postby BENELLI » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:13 pm

Ok..just wanted to tell you guys about a gag I pulled on mu hunting partner on Oneida Lake. Some of you will think this is terribly cruel while others will think its funny. Five of us went out hunting together and I let everone except one guy know that I had purchased a $100 reward leg band on EBAY for about $6 and wanted to play a joke on the other guy. I told everyone what to do and for once a plan went off without a hitch. One of the first ducks that came in was a black and after the duck dropped I asked who got it and everyone that was in on the joke denied connecting on the duck. The other guy said he got it so I waded out to get the duck because the guy who "shot it" had leaky waders. Once to the duck I pulled out the band and a pair of pliers and secured the band to the ducks leg. I returned to the blind and told hime he got some jewelry. He went wild because he had never shot a banded bird...he even offered to buy us all lunch. He realized though that the other band with all the info was missing from the duckbecause he had been with a friend when a reward duck was shot. We didnt tell him the truth for a few days and then once he was told we found out he had been contacting the Federal Fish and Wildlife agency trying to collect his money. They said they may be able to get him the money if he sent them a photo of the band. Luckily he took the joke in stride although he did say something about getting even. :laughing:
BENELLI
hunter

Postby Jpensyl » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:24 pm

I've done it a couple times this year with these, great reactions from the guys who shoot the bird until they read the band, then it really gets funny. I do still have a black and blue mark from the second one though so pick your targets carefully. lol

http://www.suckerband.com/
suckerband.com :laughing:
"Take'em Boys"
Jpensyl
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:02 pm

I've got to get a couple of those sucker bands.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Return to New York Duck Hunting