Duck Hunting Forum banner

Government Shutdown?

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  goldfish 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Complete BS. Hunters payed for all that through our licenses and stamps and now we can't use them? The biggest stakeholder and group funding the entire WPA system is the only one being punished.

I'm not sure anyone is gonna stop hunting WPAs because of this. Who is really gonna be enforcing it even.

#7 ·
It appears they might be taking this more serious than I thought. I drove by a WPA, the side where people would put in at, and I noticed the signs were BRAND NEW, still had the blue plastic on the back of them. Upon closer inspecting I realized the signs were exactly similar it said "CLOSED" instead of "OPEN"

I drove around to the backside of the WPA and none of those signs had been changed, so I would imagine it was a fairly deliberate attempt to keep people out. What a waste of time and money to change signs, only to change them back when this BS shutdown is over. To me this just goes beyond what is right or wrong.

*steps off soapbox*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.