Ethics ??

Waterfowl hunting across Canada; from the sounds of New Foundland to the lakes of Ontario to the vast fields and potholes of the plains to the high artic and the sea duck hunting of the Pacific. Includes Quebec duck hunting, Ontario duck hunting, Manitoba duck hunting, Saskatchewan duck hunting, Alberta duck hunting & all other provinces indluding goose hunting info as well.

Moderator: REM1100

Ethics ??

Postby F250 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:00 am

Last week we secured permission from a farmer to hunt geese in a certain stubble field the following day. A few hours after we had talked to the farmer, another group of American hunters contacted him, as they also wanted to hunt the 1/4 section. The farmer turned them down. Later that afternoon as the geese were feeding in the field, the farmer observed the other group of hunters, drive out through the field at a high rate of speed, flushing the birds off. Thanks guys.

A few days later, I contacted another farmer to secure permission to hunt a barley stubble field. He was not happy with American hunters, and asked if I was part of the group from a particular state (not the same group that truck flushed the birds). I advised I was not. It seems these other hunters had hunted the same field the previous week. They had used a pickup truck to push around some large round bales. As they did, they broke so many strings on the bales, that the bales fell apart when he tried to load them on a wagon. I spent a good part of the afternoon visiting with the farmer, and was able to hunt the field the next day. Again - thanks guys.
F250
hunter

Re: Ethics ??

Postby DC KILLER » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Thats rediculous. A few bad apples can ruin it for everybody. Its not hard to act right, i dont understand it. Treat the land like its your own and pick up your shell hulls and trash. If the farmer is nice enough to let strangers hunt his land, you would think people would be way more respectful than that.
SouthArkduckslayers- "I think I got cancer...."
DC KILLER- "HUH?"

"yea, I got this bump on my lip"

"REALLY?"

"yea, hang on a second and Ill tell ya bout it, let me put this dip in"
DC KILLER
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:59 pm

With all that land up there why would anybody do that ? Just move on, there will be many other fields out there to hunt.
I don't care what State your from there will always be bad Hunters. :mad:
War Wagon
hunter

Postby Stish85 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:33 am

That's the number one reason I have hard time securing land in my state. Farmers tell me all the time sorry I had a bad experience last time I let someone hunt here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Stish85
hunter

Postby REM1100 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:02 am

Recently in East Central Sask. we were glassing a field and a group of hunters converged on us to ask if we had permission to hunt that field another time I was trying to flush some shartails and another group of hunters blocked my trail and asked us if also had permission, I answered yes as I had permission to hunt those fields providing others had obtained permission. I had grown up in that area and had permission all I had to do was inform the farmer about availabilit.

The point is some American hunters have dibs on 3 or 4 fields as the form big groups of 7 to 10 and split u in the morning shoot in two vehicles and scout while the rest of them hunt. The scoters would get permission on 2 or more fields not tell how many are in that group and wait until 8 pm to tell only one farmer they will hunting his field and not informing the other farmers about not using their fields. This pisses off the farmers such that hey might post their land and get written permission showing how many hunters are going on. Some farmers may only let a hunter hunt his fields only once.
They not only piss our smaller group of hard working scouting who ask for permission and the have hunters drive up to acting like they own the land.
on the X in Saskatchewan
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Return to Canada Duck Hunting