2001 50hp 2 cycle merc question

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

2001 50hp 2 cycle merc question

Postby threedogs » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:02 am

I am switching my remote to a tiller. The instructions suck and would like to know if anyone has a tiller 1998 to 2002 that is willing to take good photos for an instructional aid . This help will be appreciated. TIA
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Re: 2001 50hp 2 cycle merc question

Postby Boatman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Follow the instructions, only way to get it done. I know, will seem like you are not getting anywhere then you will be done all the sudden. I know those instructions say to be preformed by qualified marine mechanic, so will make it a little bit harder to understand if your not, but you can do it. They are a bit harder than most people would think. You can not Phil Robertson it! Won't be safe.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Re: 2001 50hp 2 cycle merc question

Postby threedogs » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:03 pm

Yes I agree but the instructions are lousy. I have everything figured out now except where the swivel head plate bolts to. If it goes where I think it does then it's the wrong one but it came in the kit with the right part number for my application. Got it straight from mercury.
Thread Killer
threedogs
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds