back in business

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: Ross R, JustinNH

back in business

Postby poor_duck » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:50 am

today was a good day plenty of ducks and we got a good mix of ducks teal widgeon merganser wood duck and mallards
Attachments
111.jpg
User avatar
poor_duck
hunter
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:45 pm


Re: back in business

Postby radisson » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:46 pm

Wow what a day holy smokes that's a lot of ducks!!!
radisson
hunter
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:35 pm

Re: back in business

Postby goosebuster11 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Great shooting! way to stack em up!
Im certainly not asking for a location, but where do you hunt that you get those neat ducks like teal and wigeon? I have only seen a few teal ever, and never a wigeon. I just see mallards and woodies. Any advice on finding "different" ducks would be appreciated!

Again nice work!
goosebuster11
hunter
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: back in business

Postby duck envy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:42 pm

Awesome! Looks like a three man limit.

I went out this evening, but nothing came through til after legal time.

Seems to be a good share of teal around right now. Mostly in marshy waters, beaver ponds, little pockets...
duck envy
hunter
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:45 am
Location: NH

Re: back in business

Postby JustinNH » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:20 am

Nice work :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
User avatar
JustinNH
State Moderator
 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:23 pm

Re: back in business

Postby poor_duck » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:45 pm

goosebuster11 wrote:Great shooting! way to stack em up!
Im certainly not asking for a location, but where do you hunt that you get those neat ducks like teal and wigeon? I have only seen a few teal ever, and never a wigeon. I just see mallards and woodies. Any advice on finding "different" ducks would be appreciated!

Again nice work!




most these ducks i only see them early season i hunt small pond that have cattail marsh type or lake but i scout them first and sometime i spend all day watching them to see how they move before i hit the spot and late season big water and we only have one (big one ) that doesn't freeze all the way :huh: but you need a boat and you will see all kind of ducks but the only problem in the cattail marsh if you don't have a dog its challenging or useless good luck i hope that help :thumbsup:
User avatar
poor_duck
hunter
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:45 pm

Re: back in business

Postby poor_duck » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:50 pm

duck envy wrote:Awesome! Looks like a three man limit.

I went out this evening, but nothing came through til after legal time.

Seems to be a good share of teal around right now. Mostly in marshy waters, beaver ponds, little pockets...



you are little bit off on the count. that is 4 man limit the pic don't show all the teal i guess :wink:
User avatar
poor_duck
hunter
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:45 pm

Re: back in business

Postby goosebuster11 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:02 pm

poor_duck wrote:most these ducks i only see them early season i hunt small pond that have cattail marsh type or lake but i scout them first and sometime i spend all day watching them to see how they move before i hit the spot and late season big water and we only have one (big one ) that doesn't freeze all the way :huh: but you need a boat and you will see all kind of ducks but the only problem in the cattail marsh if you don't have a dog its challenging or useless good luck i hope that help :thumbsup:


Thanks! That does help some. I have learned this year you can't just find birds, you have to watch them at the time you will hunt them to see what they do. I have been looking and looking for something other than a mallard or wood duck but just havent found them yet :lol3:
I suppose I shouldnt complain if I am still seeing and harvesting birds! Thanks for the advice and good luck this weekend!
goosebuster11
hunter
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: back in business

Postby duck envy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:00 pm

poor_duck wrote:

you are little bit off on the count. that is 4 man limit the pic don't show all the teal i guess :wink:


Even better! Congrats!!
duck envy
hunter
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:45 am
Location: NH


Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests