POLL: How do you feel about "floating" a 4th shell?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

How do you feel about hunters floating a 4th shell?

I have no problem with it.
32%
I think it's wrong.
68%

Total votes : 56

Re: POLL: How do you feel about "floating" a 4th shell?

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:13 am

erp10 wrote:I've always called the third shot the f**k you shot. Usually I only shot it cause I missed the first two. What would I call the fourth shot?

Profit for the shell company :thumbsup:

I actually often connect on the third shot. I'm more likely to rush the first shot, kick myself in the ass and make the 2nd and 3rd count.

I've never had a confirmed triple. Lot's of doubles, but when alone, I always throw one away. With a group, how do you honestly know most times Image
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:52 am

"If the ducks are leaving anyway, you might as well try."

-DKC
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:56 am

aunt betty wrote:It's worse than a speeder but not as bad as a murderer yet is still a criminal act.
I'm no angel but would prefer to not hunt with guys who'll float a shell.

I already have 12 points. :sarcmark:

its NOT worse than a speeder in my mind, not even close......but it is breaking the law, if you( figureatively put) break the law with the floating fourth shell, what else do you break when you get the chance????

if the illegal fourth is ok, then that means the 5th 6th and 7th are ok.....illegal is illegal

if you cant play by the rules, change them or do something else

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:00 am

aunt betty wrote:Someone out there has shot a quadruple. Stick your neck out, tell the story.
We won't hack your head off. We promise. :sarcmark:
C'mon...spill it.

I shot three this past early goose season......I even shot a quintuplet!! I had 6 shots but never got to fire the 6th at a bird in the air......

what a feeling.....boom boom boom boom boom. ha ha ha

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole