E-collar

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

E-collar

Postby hemihunter » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:40 pm

Watch is the correct time to introduce the electronic collar to a dog and are there any good books or videos on using them?
hemihunter
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:52 pm

I had an ecoller on my pup when she was 4 months old, but NEVER used it on her at this age. I just put it on her to get used to wearing it to avoid becoming colar wise.

Tri Tronics makes great colars and come with free videos on how to use them. They are very helpful and I think they have a 30 page PFD file on the website to explain how to introduce a dog to an ecolar.

Just remember it is not a training colar, but a reinforcment colar. If your dog does not know the command well do not correct the dog with the colar.

Mike
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:02 pm

I use a tri-tronics collar, but I watched the Innotek videos. (they were cheap in Bass Pro catalog) I was pleased with the videos. They go step by step through training with the use of a collar. Main thing to remember is to condition the dog to the collar and make sure the dog fully understands the command and how to turn the stimulation of that you apply with the collar.
gsphunter
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum