Mojo Mallard

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

Mojo Mallard

Postby tome » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:09 pm

I sent for a mojo from cabella's using the $30 off . The duck came ..what a POS..the leg holes would'nt fit the legs..the wing holes were full of shavings..after screwing w/ the decoy for the better part of an hour..it's together..i turn it on and shake rettle & roll..what a noisey out of balance POS..lucky duck far superior..after scrweing w/ the wings it's fair..but paying that kind of money..you would think the thing would work with out rebuilding it.
tome
hunter

Postby NS39340 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:02 pm

i love my MOJO but its the old style and its never ever rattled or anything else. my cousin got one, he sprayed a little rem oil into the motor by the wings, took care of the rattling, he had to drill a hole a little bigger for the feet and it works great..................i aggree this is unnessicary for that kinda money but MOJO is a quality decoy in my mind
NS39340
hunter

Postby duckbum13 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:27 pm

i just got mine for christmas from my dad. im 13 years old so with out a job yet its a kinda hard to buy all the duck hunting stuff but anyway mine had the same problem so i just put oil in the wing holes and with a knife cut the feet holes a little bigger and i love it except when i went out on the 25th it was rattling and ducks were flaring left and right so my dad got out of the blind took his waders off and took his sock off and put the battery in it (what a dad huh) and not problems with rattleing anymore another thing was getting the battery clamps to stay on but nothing a little needle nose action didnt fix now i like it fine but you guys are right about how much money it cost it should cleen the birds after you shoot um haha
thanks for your time
josh
might as well start callin me the pit man
duckbum13
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:25 am

We need to clear the air here. Many guys nick name for spinners (spinning wings decoys) are "Mojos". But it is a brand name too. So you better be crystal clear if you are trashing the right brand. Spinner or similar is the generic name. Heck I even heard of some fancy name like "Automated motion decoy" Spinners is much easier generic nick name. :thumbsup:

It is very similar to North Winds wind socks---many guys call all socks North Winds---it is a brand name and often the guys are complaining about some other brand. FYI the generic name is "wind socks".

Word of advice--if you did not like it-complain to the people where you bought it Vs just bitching about it here.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Quackmasterextreme » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:58 pm

Mojo decoys are far better than the original Robo for noise, but I on six Mojo ducks and never have had any problems other than the stupid battery alligator clips. Female spade sta-kons took care of that problem. You can change the pitch of the wings by changing mounting holes located on the wings. Try this and while you have them disassembled....place some small rubber washers between the blade and the shaft. This dampens the vibration noise of the metal wing blade. I did this to one of mine because of wing noise. It works. [/img]
Money can't buy skill. Determination and the will
to forever learn is all a true duck hunter needs.
It's not a sport, "It's my life."
Quackmasterextreme
Newb

Return to Duck Decoy Forum