coolant/block heaters

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

coolant/block heaters

Postby Chewy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:04 pm

New to MN and am looking for suggestions on engine heat for the winter. I am looking for options for a 2010 Dodge Charger and 2011 F-150. I have read info on oil pan heat to coolant circulation and it still seems foreign to me as I come from a non freezing part of the country!! Thanks in advance! :beer:
Chewy
hunter

Re: coolant/block heaters

Postby goldfish » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:00 pm

I don't know that block heaters are really a necessity here, but they sure are nice if you park outside.

As for how they work, I dunno. I just plugged my truck in. The current truck doesn't have it tho, but does have heated seats so I just fire it up, go back inside, get ready, leave and take it easy on the throttle until it starts to warm up (the needle starts moving).

sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby MinneKans » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:12 pm

Welcome to MN. Those vehicles are new and should be fine in the winter unless you park outside in below zero temps. Dealerships can install block heaters if needed. I always buy a block heater on my vehicles because I park outside in the winter in northern MN on trips to the cabin.
MinneKans
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:28 pm

id rather have heated seats then block heater nice toasty butt.

but my next mission is to get heated seats in the boat man thatd be awesome come late nov.
hillbilly..
hunter

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting