hiding blinds

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

hiding blinds

Postby Take em boys » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:06 pm

Ilook back on the past seasons and always ask my self what could I of done better I always kill birds but theirs always those ones that shoulda came in last year it was my decoy spread I bumped up the number half way thru the season and finished pretty strong this year my main focus is disappearing im not lucky enough to hunt in corn or heavy wheat stubble my 2 spots this year is 1 very large hay field but gets snow pretty early and second is about 12 short short wheat fields I don't think the farmer coulda cut them any shorter I always stubble up good but its always that (I call it the black hole effect) in the back were they flare I have always but a decoy right behind the blind and what not but they always seem to pick me apart when their behind me this year for my hay fields I was thinking of the 3 laydown blinds and the dog blind stack them as close as safely possible and all of us use avery killer weed it does not match the field very closely but I was thinking with 3 blinds and a dog blind closely with all matched colors it will look like a silage pile or some sort the hay fields are never the X always (across the street from a freakin golf coarse :mad: ) but we do get birds over to us the wheat fields are the only fields in the area and are always the X

Let me know what you guys like to do when hiding blinds oh and no digging in either of the fields :(
"Waterfowl hunting, Its not something you preform halfway. You either try it and hate it, Or it gets in your blood and you cant live with out it.
-Zink crew
Take em boys
hunter

Re: hiding blinds

Postby tornadochaser » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:32 am

That is the longest sentence i have ever read.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby Justin Weber » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:11 am

Dont be afraid to sit on a fencline in the woods. I have done it and birds dont care at all unless their really getting a lot of pressure. Most guys think their birds get pressured but only a few guys probably hunt birds that actually really get pressured a lot. Hope this helps.
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:04 pm

Justin Weber wrote:Dont be afraid to sit on a fencline in the woods. I have done it and birds dont care at all unless their really getting a lot of pressure. Most guys think their birds get pressured but only a few guys probably hunt birds that actually really get pressured a lot. Hope this helps.

You have apparently never hunted PA resident birds before?! You want pressured birds? They are the DEFINITION of pressured birds. :lol:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby Justin Weber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:56 pm

I guess I havent...
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Postby Take em boys » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:25 am

pressured birds or not fencerows or trees are not around in my country its all dryland farming big huge wide open fields im just trying to illiminate the black hole in the back of the blind that every single blind has except the power hunter and no I do not want to hunt out of a power hunter again just not for me
"Waterfowl hunting, Its not something you preform halfway. You either try it and hate it, Or it gets in your blood and you cant live with out it.
-Zink crew
Take em boys
hunter

Postby zachk908 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:46 pm

I know this may be a stretch but see if you can dig them down
zachk908
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:12 pm

The fields around here are rarely cut perfectly even. There are always low spots or corners where the header was picked up that leave some higher stubble. In addition there are usually weedy spots that the harvester skipped over rather than running through the machine. I have used green weeds to cover my blind in a stubble field and never had a problem. Sometimes I pull tall stubble (roots and dirt intact) from another area of the field and stack it around my blind.

If you are having problems with the back (high) side of the blind, soften the angle. Add some camo material and strech it out the back of the blind and stubble it. There is at least one blind on the market that has "wings" that basically do just that. Tanglefree makes a blind consolidatior which is basically a 2' wide by 7-8' long material with hooks on both sides and stubble straps. They can be found on Ebay (Dunns Sporting goods) and can be had for $10-$15 each.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum