Floaters

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Floaters

Postby Slack Tide » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:57 pm

I'm looking for a nice 4pk of floaters and a good bag for them..
I get overloaded with options looking at the magazines. What's a good 4 pack with a nice variety of head positions and a decent bag to keep them in?
sk
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Re: Floaters

Postby tornadochaser » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:13 pm

Bigfoots and a regular mesh decoy bag.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:28 am

Look at Tanglefree floaters they are comparable to big foots and look nasty! They are big and are durable great riding decoys as well!
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:44 am

Black Smoke wrote:Look at Tanglefree floaters they are comparable to big foots and look nasty! They are big and are durable great riding decoys as well!

You have any reviews on them? I've done well with the BF's in the field but I don't know the TF's...
I looked at the ones at Rogers for $99...that's a good deal...gotta double ck that it's free delivery....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby DrakeRoth22 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:46 am

were are u lacated? i have a 4 pack of ghg goose floaters only used like 2 or 3 times in a 4 slot avery bag if your interested.
DrakeRoth22
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:55 am

Long Island, NY..
How much you asking?
Pics?
Flaws?
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:35 am

Ya used them a few times early season and im tellin ya they are nice man look so realistic and great colors on them
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby DrakeRoth22 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:46 am

they are preaty much brand new like i said i think i used them 3 times. the only flaw is they are rester heads the good news is... 2 of the 2 times we hunted over them we limited out(: they are rigged and ready to go and come with a bag.
DrakeRoth22
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:04 am

DrakeRoth22 wrote:they are preaty much brand new like i said i think i used them 3 times. the only flaw is they are rester heads the good news is... 2 of the 2 times we hunted over them we limited out(: they are rigged and ready to go and come with a bag.

Thanks man...but I'm going to go with a 4 variety pack of heads...BFs..

It's so typical of all the magazines now....Rogers has a $99 deal...but shipping is a lot...Cabella's is $139 but shipping is free...
You need a freakin' calculator to figure out the best deal and in the end....it's $5 here or there
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Justin Weber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Have fun with em. Their really big which guys love, but after a little while you will realize their a pain in the ***!
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Postby ksgoosekilr » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:55 pm

A lot better than the POS GHG ones that heads fall off constantly on. And none of the stupid slotted bags. Good decision on the BFs
ksgoosekilr
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:04 am

I won't use them always and I'll just bungee them to the bow deck...I know how awkward they can be....we have 250 in a field :no:
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:11 am

I think the TF's are probably bigger than the BF's and look better but its all what you prefer. They have the TF floaters that are fully flocked too if that trips your trigger any.
Black Smoke
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum